Mattresses

The one I was looking for a super king size was the Contour Luxe which is nearly 4k :joy:

Yeah the simba was reasonably easy to return once I’d got through to the right dept at JL.

Ended up with one of these: https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-natural-collection-goat-angora-14000-comfort-support-super-king-size-medium-tension-pocket-spring-mattress/p3663550

It was but I guess it’s how you justify it. You spend a hell of a lot of time on it and there’s the health aspect too.

I don’t regret spending the money but if all these options had been around back then I’d definitely have tried them first.

1 Like

I got mine in the sale. Worth every penny. I won’t get any other brand now. :heart: Tempur

1 Like

That’s what I am thinking of doing and try Tempur last (as the most expensive) but it does sound quite wasteful to me. I know that Simba sends their returned mattresses to charities but not sure if every company do the same.

Regarding Tempur, I’m undecided between the two medium firm options - hybrid and original. Also the luxe, elite and supreme options are making everything even more confusing. :joy:
Which one did you buy?

They just launched the Tempur-breeze mattress in the US which sounds interesting too.
https://www.tempurpedic.com/shop-mattresses/tempur-breeze/v/3041/

I want to say it’s the Tempur Cloud but not entirely sure and they now have elite and luxe versions which look different.

I had a relative with a tempur mattress on their spare bed. I hated it, was like sleeping in quicksand.

Bloody Nora. I’d want to take it on holiday for that much!

I bought a Simba mattress on Black Friday last year, and also an Eve mattress topper. They both work well together. The Eve mattress topper is also highly recommended as a great solution to improve old mattresses - so could be used on its own as an interim solution - see the following article: https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/mattresses/best-mattress-toppers-a6999421.html

If you can wait for Black Friday, there’s a huge number of deals that make it very much worthwhile.

Had my first night on the Inofia mattress. Very impressed so far. No horrible smell to it, and I don’t know if it’s firm enough for me as yet, but it’s more comfortable than a Simba with more spring to it too.

Team - I can confirm OTTY is amazing
And more importantly their adjustable pillows wow

3 Likes

I’m still considering an Otty. This inofia mattress I bought from amazon is going back, I’ve had it almost 100 nights now and it’s doing my back no good.

Me and my partner have just bought an Otty and got 2 free adjustable pillows.

It’s a firm mattress, but after a while you ‘sink’ slightly and it is very comfortable.
It also happened to arrive just in time for the heatwave, and the cooling gel layer definitely works. Much cooler and no sweaty patches like other memory foam mattresses I’ve tried.

We’d both definitely recommend! :+1:

1 Like

We’ve just bought an Eve - unwrapped it today. The only problem is that is overhangs the divan base. Ive checked both orders and they are supposed to be the same measurements. It’s not a lot of overhang. Does anyone with experience of boxes mattresses know if it’ll shrink as it inflates?

I’m thinking about the Silent Night EcoComfort as it doesn’t contain any animal derived materials, however it’s also great as it’s made from recycled plastic bottles. Need to go and test them out in-store and see how they feel, hopefully good!

You’d be best off getting a tape measure out and determining which one doesn’t meet the stated measurements.

If they’re both about right, it could be that you’ve been unlucky and you’ve managed to get a base that’s at one extreme of accepted tolerance and a mattress that’s at the other.

If the papers review on BBC News just now is not pulling our collective legs, the best strategy seems to be to nick the mattress from the next hotel you stay in

Madness

For anyone who has an Otty mattress…

What discount did you get? There’s currently 45% off on the website but that always seems to be the case. Just wondering if it’s worth holding out for a bit more or if anyone has any codes?!

Also I’m not sure which of their mattresses would be most suitable. I’m 6’1" (and tonnes of fun) and 17 stone. Currently have an Emma one that I’m having to return as I’ve started waking up with a sore hip if I sleep on my side.

Cheers

They all pretty much have that discount it’s all just marketing tbf, permanent sale :sweat_smile:

I’ve had one from these for years now, I sleep on my side too and not had any issues with pain.

If all else fails goto something like Dreams where they can advise and show which would be the best for you. They also have that scanner sleep match that might help you decide.

1 Like

You might find the discount goes up to 50%, but the base price rises also so the amount you pay is the same.

1 Like