Launching Pots

I love Pots, however I was a tad disappointed when then launched. They are nothing special, no different than my old eSavings accounts I had with a high street bank.

But I am excited to see where they go in the coming months, because there is so much potential to make them simply amazing and I’m pretty confident they will get there.

8 Likes

Anyone else think that the “Managing Pots” icon looks like a police badge? :joy:

(Just a casual observation) Ports is an awesome feature, can’t wait for it to launch over on Android! :slight_smile:

Yes, it actually does! Didn’t notice that before, but I bet I can’t un-see it now :joy:

1 Like

I’m not! lol :+1::grinning:

2 Likes

. . . and that fella is why I am still here! I recognise that potential and will use it when it arrives.

The lack of % interest doesn’t bother me. It’s the segregation of funds I seek, like many here.

:grinning:

Making a separate account , where you might be able to save a certain percentage of your pay every week?

Ok, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe changing the language you use to describe things in the blog would mean this wouldn’t keep coming up. Something like “This should make the next scheduled release, which happens to be iOS this week, and Android the following week.”. The key word is “scheduled”.

At the moment it sounds (in the blog) like you’re prioritising one platform over the other.

(Also, @bea, maybe don’t say “Pots are here!” as your opener when, for a large portion of your users, they’re not. It just disappoints people.)

I’ve skimmed the thread and still not clear when us second-class citizens (android users) are getting it? I see some vague promises but not an actual date?

This is always what I envisaged the first iteration of Pots to be. Starling missed it slightly with looking at it from purely the point of savings rather than a bank account the that the account holder has work for them.

Hopefully we’ll get to the envelope / Jam-jar potential of pots as just some of the potential functionality.

Pots aren’t here!!

Apart from the name I don’t think they did. They provided a way to segregate cash from main account, just like pots, with the additional functionality of setting a target if you wish.

That’s the point. It’s a one-trick pony. The potential is there. Neither Monzo nor Starling has realised that potential yet.

Is it not going to be Monday? I’m fairly confident that it will be however I’ve not been following this thread too closely if I’m honest (sorry) but that was the last known date I’ve seen…

Hopefully see some progress by the end of Q2

What I’ve read (on here) of Starlings goals suggests that you can only put money in? If so, then the flexibility of Pots (ins and outs) fits my use a little better.

You can put money into a “goal” from the “main” account and move it back into the “main” account. Also has the ability to have recurring movement into “goals” but I don’t think you can recur out

Can’t schedule out. Just checked

From what I’ve read (on there) they will be changing the name from Goals at some point to better fit in with newer options.

I heard Starling are looking into connecting goals with other users. Think they said they are looking into setting direct debits to come from goals as well. Other discussions with goals is being explored. Goals is probably not the best name as they will obviously expand their functionality.

Exactly the same plans as Monzo then. Shared Pots and direct debits to come out from them. Exciting times for both camps.

1 Like

I’m still interested in how a joint pot works with bills etc with reference to credit agencies…if it’s not a joint account. Will be very interesting.