Launching Pots

My assumption is that they already had interface assets for topping up from the prepay and it was easier in the short term to reuse that and, I suppose, keeping to factors of 5 is probably easier on the system while everyone is testing?

So currently I have a separate current account for items like this. The various ā€œpotsā€ all go into the one account and I track the various balances on a spreadsheet. While I could use a pot for this instead of a separate account, I donā€™t see what this would add in terms of efficiency. Iā€™d want something to replace the entire system including the tracking and management side.

It does look like this is a step in the right direction and Iā€™m keen to see where it goes in the future. Without the ability to schedule automatic transfers every month, itā€™s not something Iā€™ll be using at present.

1 Like

I guess you can just do several ā€œsmallerā€ top ups into a pot but still limited to multiples of Ā£5 and I agree custom amounts would be better.

Loving this but would really like 2 things by way of future developments if possible;

1. ability to transfer exact amounts into pots by typing them into a box, including ā€œpenniesā€
  2. ability to assign gifs/photos to pots as well as the current choices
3 Likes

A quick tip - itā€™s much easier for the team to see how much interest there is in the various enhancements that could be made to Pots if you simply vote in the poll - as long as your request is one of the options of course. That way, they can total up all of the votes & see which are most popular.

7 Likes

These are two features I feel pots are missing. If these were added, it would be brilliant

Can (and if so how) pots be moved into a different order?

Have you voted in the poll?

4 Likes

Is anyone else having UI issues on the new accounts screen?

I have and iPhone 5S

The page scrolls through the status bar at the top.

Not really impressed with how this feature has been implemented. Would prefer pots to have their own tab like starling, although I could live with it.

I donā€™t like how I have to transfer in multiples of 5. If I want excess change to be shifted over then I canā€™t. This would need to change if pots were ever to be used for DDs or SOs as people would want to put the exact amount in.

The stock images arenā€™t very good either. I would rather have the option of choosing my own one.

2 Likes

Some people are never happy! lol :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Have you voted in the poll?

2 Likes

So you prefer the TCBā€™s bland offering with no images at all to that of Monzo who have at least put some thought into things like images bearing in mind this is a work in progress?..

IMG_4214IMG_4215IMG_0163IMG_0164

Ok :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Would the beta and tesflight users not confirm unanticipated use cases etc?

If there had been a Beta and if TF users had had access to it for longer than a day then possibly. There are a whole lot less of them, though.

1 Like

There are beta usersā€¦

IMG_0059

OK, but thatā€™s just the Android equivalent of Test Flight. Thatā€™s not the same as having an actual Beta testing programme so Iā€™ll say again what I said before. If they had had access to Pots, they could have provided some feedback.

What that means in practice is that the release to everyone else would need to be pushed back a week or so, I guess. Instead, Monzo have opted to do it this way round.

Itā€™s swings and roundabouts really. They cover a much larger population in a short space of time this way.

1 Like

Although that is precisely what Appleā€™s TF and Androidā€™s ā€˜Betaā€™ programmes exist for. JordanFishā€™s explanation seems like a misnomer to me. I understand that Monzo are set in their current testing ways (as Jordan alludes to himself) owing to the launch of the iOS app long before Android, but this should change as Monzo scale and aim for ā€œtrueā€ parity.

Yeah much prefer it! For the reasons I mentioned. Having to contribute in multiples of Ā£5 and not able to personalise pots with my own images is a bit of a let down. I look forward to what Monzo do next to improve it.

Wow! I see nothing in what Jordanā€™s written to suggest thereā€™s any relationship to the original release schedules of the apps.

To me it looks quite simply to be that the test team alternate between apps on a weekly basis for a continuity of presentation and user experience and whichever one gets tested first gets released first as a result. Hence Android getting full Current Accounts before iOS and the reverse this time around.

I really donā€™t think itā€™s anything more sinister to it than that.

7 Likes