Labs: Improved names and logos for connected accounts 🏦🛍

You could probably export all the transactions as JSON using the API? But once your account’s closed, I don’t think you can access the app anymore.

1 Like

Nice to see! Only one transaction, needed a bit of tidy up. But good nonetheless.

1 Like

Oops, I think I inadvertently misled! I meant an external account connected to Monzo. Keen to keep that history in Trends even when closed. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Oh I see, when your external account is closed, you still want to see its history in Trends. Interesting. :thinking:

I think it will keep showing in the app, but we’ll probably show a “You need to reconnect…” warning, which you won’t be able to dismiss.

2 Likes

That would have been a harsh way to break up with my blue circle brother.

Much apologies. I’m staying with Monzo - and Premium - for now!

4 Likes

Great to see this feature.

When merchant feedback has been submitted it would be nice to see some sort of confirmation message rather than to go straight back to the feed.

6 Likes

We agree! Unfortunately that turned out to be surprisingly difficult :see_no_evil:

The current feedback flow is pretty basic, I’ll admit. We had to balance getting this feature into your hands sooner against making sure you could tell us when you spot problems! We’ll be updating the flow soon to make it smoother :bowing_man:

11 Likes

I’m very confused by this. Has your feed fixed itself by now?

2 Likes

Waitrose looking peachy. I noticed a few others where the original transaction and refund weren’t matching but I think they’re all okay now…

5 Likes

Great to hear there’s more coming on this!

Will the following be added at some point?

• Virgin Money (Credit Cards)
  • Tymit
  • Chase Bank
2 Likes

I think Virgin Money if the biggie that isn’t on Monzo yet (but I think they still have separate systems for cards and current accounts).

The other two don’t, I think, have APIs. I’d be keen for Chase, but I think they’re stalling because reasons.

7 Likes

They do - the merger of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank into Virgin Money was also never really fully completed on a technical level, so some customers have two profiles with different Virgin Money current accounts because of that. It’s all quite complicated.

I’m not sure I like having two screens to submit details. While it’s expanded versus the original merchant feedback, and can see the use, it feels like a lot of screens to go through (with the landing page too) if all you want to say is change the merchant name, or add this logo. It looses a little bit of the simplicity of the original for me

That said, I’d still submit of course.

I think the biggest big bear with the existing is not knowing when it will be looked at in the queue. I’ve got loads of submitted over a number of months now that are still outstanding

4 Likes

Great to see this @tjvr and thank you (and the wider Monzo) team for it.

Kind of connected but this plus the ability to recategorise an external transaction before it posts would be next level.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lovely, thanks :blush:

Still, I am waiting for Starling bank to be added :sunglasses:
And Wise too :smirk:

1 Like

Ironically Royal London has nice name and logo on connected account but my gazzilienth merchant correction on my Monzo CA still isn’t corrected.

Having said that. Good work Monzo

1 Like

I’ll admit I didn’t read the whole thread,
Does this mean open banking payments taken from your monzo account, (like how you can pay income tax to HMRC with) with now have merchant logos and data?

You don’t need to read the whole thread. It’s literally in the first post.

4 Likes

:white_check_mark: Payroll credits
:white_check_mark: Direct Debits
:white_check_mark: Card payments

Open banking deep links (PISPs payments I believe they are called) fit into?

They appear as a regular bank transfer

3 Likes

Any chance of adding Sainsbury’s credit card to accounts so can see all my cards in once place

3 Likes