Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts 🤝

I noticed that this morning when I had a phone call going in the background (and I needed to see the joint account number to setup a direct debit). I used the dropdown at the top to see the details I needed - so no problem. But obviously it’s a bit of a glitch to look into.

Joint account all setup this evening with the missus, nice and simple but why does it say 5 days for the cards compared to 2 days for a normal Monzo account?

Just incase somewhere in the process has a hiccup. Under promise, over deliver!

Set up ours on Sunday evening, cards arrived this morning! So speedy as usual thankfully…

Given the feedback on the usability of the menu I think they’re working on different options so probably will be replaced altogether rather than fixed.

Set up my card and the mrs literally 2 seconds apart as I was doing both at the same time. My card arrived today, hers didnt

It worked for me. Transferred money from another bank as soon as I opened the joint account and before the cards arrived. The moment I made the payment from the other bank my Monzo app pinged to say it had received it. :slight_smile:

You have to contact the company who you are paying and ask them to change your direct debit details. Monzo, or indeed any other bank, can’t move a direct debit, although they can instruct the companies on your behalf to change the
direct debit as part of the current account switch service,

Just noticed the Joint Account is listed in Emma app now. Fine for me, but my partner hasn’t agreed to this - perhaps it should be split out in the API?

2 Likes

Everything works great! Closed old bank account now. DD’s work perfectly. App works brilliant - Looking forward to receiving the additional features the personal account has. Well done Monzo

Took the plunge and did a joint > joint switch after others reported success. Got 30 odd notifications about Direct Debits this morning so I guess it’s all progressing along!

#FullMonzo as of the 30th, apparently.

4 Likes

Did a joint to joint CASS last week. Switch day was yesterday. Everything worked fine

2 Likes

How long will joint accounts likely be in Labs for? I’m not allowed to fully switch us until we’re out of testing :frowning:

No dates have been set yet guess it depends on any bugs and things

1 Like

This is normally for security reason not sending out both cards on same day :+1:t2:

Thanks. Also can’t add card to Apple Pay from in app. My wife had all details populated but I have to punch it manually

Hopefully it’s not released quite as soon as summary :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Today’s updates.

• We’re ordered the joint account card with the new design. It hasn’t arrived yet, but we can’t wait to share it when it does!
  • We’re revisiting the whole flow from a design perspective. In particular we want to try some different approaches to the account switcher.

Thanks! Keep your feedback coming.

14 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how you approach it. Would love to see some of the different design flows on MakingMonzo! :wink:

Currently there’s no indication of which account you’re in on the ‘summary’ and ‘payments’ pages. I’d suggest incorporating this into future designs by either having an icon or simply a different colour scheme for all JA screens.

1 Like