Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts đŸ€

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I knew that.

I was replying to @SamR who posted (ages ago, admittedly) that the way to initiate the CASS process was to follow “Account -> Add Money -> Add Salary” and I was making the point that if I have already, manually, told my employer to send my salary to my JA, then perhaps following the key-press sequence (above, using Android app), might not work or be obvious to people.

The answer if this does not work (I’ll still give it a try, one day), of course, would be to ask for Help in the app.

Sorry for any confusion.

CASS is not officially supported in joint account yet. When joint accounts rolls out and officially gets CASS then there will be lots of different routes in to it

1 Like

I personally think that design makes users less wary of their spending on a joint account. It is a financial association so maybe card which is very dinstinctive from the personal account would help?

One thing i think would be good is if you can sign up for the JA whilst waiting for the normal current account is being set up, and without having to wait for the card to arrive

I also cant see her yet in a list of people i know with Monzo accounts.

My other half though the process was complete, but i had to tell her that that was just half the process, which was met with a sigh, so not a great user experience from the signup point of view.

You both need to enable payments with friends in your settings to find them - we had the same confusion for setting up our joint account.

Just signed up for joint account as had to wait for the missus to sign up for Monzo :roll_eyes:

One thing I’ve noticed, and is only mentioned on the first post so thought I’d raise it, is the iOS widget would be better if it showed personal and joint amounts at the same time, not one or the other

Hi Rosie, which we cant do until she recieves her card :slight_smile: It would be nice if Monzo allowed access to the account whilst waiting for the card

We’re in exactly the same position - waiting for my husband’s card to arrive too but I can already see him in the list because he changed that setting and have started the joint process (although it still can’t complete til his card arrives!!).

1 Like

I’m sure it won’t be long. Both ours arrived last week 2 days after applying! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have to say I find the design of the JA, with no graphs or contrast colours and the clever mini avatar on top of each transaction extremely refreshing on ios! it is exactly what we were hoping, in terms of giving us more power to understand spending and budgeting :+1:

1 Like

Just give your new employer your new Monzo JA details - it won’t affect your CASS process.

2 Likes

So far so good, I’m so glad you’ve finally given us the option of a joint account, no longer will I have to deal with pending transactions! few things I’ve noticed.

Be good to be able to request payments from other users, I’m sure you’re working on that.

some functionality to “Move” a transaction between accounts; let’s say I’ve accidentally put a personal purchase on the joint card for example, I can currently do this with my Curve Card and it’s a feature I really like.

More granular notifications for the joint account would also be a good, maybe whether or not I want to see the other half’s purchases or vice versa.

3 Likes

We’re about 2 weeks being into Labs, how many joint accounts have been opened?

1 Like

Can you schedule a payment from my personal account to my joint account?

Yes
set up a standing order

With the sort code and account number of the account! Of course! Sorry. Stupid question!

Should be a cleaner experience than this though!

5 Likes

Has anyone reported that the “switch between accounts” bar doesn’t fully display when a hotspot is connected (probably same if you’ve got directions on the go or similar)? I’m on iOS.

1 Like

Nice visual to distinguish between your two Monzo accounts on Google Pay :heart_eyes::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Nice preview, but maybe you should blur the numbers a bit more! I know they are still blurred but I can still read them (including your email) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes