Just received a mail that Monzo are closing my account

I know it’s not healthy at all and I know my psychotherapist will not endorse it but I genuinely feel I have the right to know (again, I also know T&Cs). I know most people will not believe me but I have not used my account in any way which would have caused this. I just don’t get this at all.

I’ve invested a couple of thousand pounds and still want Monzo to be successful but I just can’t let go.

I have read so many threads here about people getting their accounts abruptly closed. I never thought this could happen to me but now that it has I want to make sense of it. The only way I can do that is to try everything I can legally do and if in the end, nothing comes out of it, I will at least feel that I have tried.

2 Likes

I can’t remember which way round it was but there is some form of manual review. It’s either before your account was closed or after…

I’ll see if I can find the comment unless someone else can beat me to it.

1 Like

I can’t find the comment I had in mind but I can tell you that it isn’t automated. So someone has likely reviewed your account already and decided that you have fallen foul of the T&Cs…

Then as you mentioned, you already know they can’t tell you what you did wrong.

Not on Facebook I am afraid. And really not sure if you’re being sarcastic!!

Apologies, I was being sarcastic. That was out of order. I think I’ve seen so many “I am a regular person who has fallen foul of Monzo and their abuse towards nice folks” type posts that I didn’t even bother to accept you might be genuine. I will do better.

2 Likes

This makes me more concerned tbh, because if someone actually reviewed my account and it was closed then I really want to know what prompted this because again, genuinely can’t understand because there has been nothing out of the ordinary on my account and I have never been refused credit or denied account or got account closed until today.
It just complicates things in my head.

All you can do is ask, but I personally wouldn’t get your hopes up :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I agreed with your message up until this point. I’m also very much on the things should change side, but moaning on a forum isn’t going to achieve anything. A petition to government or lobbying an MP, maybe, but still unlikely

2 Likes

Is it possible you have been doing bank transfers to other persons who might have been flagged as “dodgy”, and you’ve been caught by association?

1 Like

Hard to tell unless their name is ‘fraudulent Freddy’

2 Likes

And down the rabbit hole we go… :laughing: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Everyone is innocent online.

Would it be wrong if I post my whole account history here? Genuinely tempted but I don’t want to do something against forum etiquettes and t&cs.

Probably not the best idea for your security.

But if it says £100 to/from Joe Bloggs, that could be the trigger that the transaction won’t show us.

3 Likes

There’s no need to flag this… They have already acknowledged and I really appreciated that. Can a CC please remove the flag? I am looking at you @Rat_au_van

Yes, you would put yourself at more risk for things like identity theft if nothing else.

1 Like

I’m not CC anymore

And CC can’t remove flags

3 Likes

Ah, sorry I been away for far too long.

1 Like

That would be @AlanDoe and he will likely close the topic too because it’s nonconstructive.

1 Like

Very cynical. Think positive :slight_smile: Most people are good