JAJA Discussion

Smells like Tandem who couldn’t make basic credit card work for them either.

I wonder if Monzo Flex is the right way to go. No tiny or cash like transactions & default to 12 months payments with interest. It means one cuts away a lot of transaction churn of lots of tiny transactions & refunds. Focuses on larger purchases and defaults to revenue making stream with interest. Similar to small loans rather than revolving credit cards which sort of rely on very large volumes to make money from slip ups and spiraling debt problems.

Yeah Monzo Flex will be my Jaja replacement going forward, got an invite to apply but holding off till Jaja is showing as closed in my CRA reports.

Cheers Dave, will do this if it’s still open next month

1 Like

I happened to have a couple of pence in credit on my jaja pioneer card from mistyping a repayment amount. Couldn’t be bothered to chase it. It was refunded just now, which suggests they’re finally processing all the “closed” accounts…

Finally showing closed.

3 Likes

Has anyone else’s Jaja pioneer card been reopened. Its showing on my credit report again. :rage:

Mine has never been reported as closed on my credit report. Haven’t gotten round to contacting Jaja about it.

Yes, got a notification in Credit Karma to say the same thing. Annoying, sent them an email to remove me from all TestFlight builds and to delete my account.

Finality a new (old) feature.

Edit - Pending transactions appear to be iOS only at the moment, but instant notifications work on both Android and iOS

1 Like

Pending transactions has now come to Android as well. Nice to see an update to both almost at the same time.

1 Like

When I get a verified by Visa pop up, I never get the email with the code, it only works when I select sms. Anyone else experienced this?

I tried JaJa for a couple of months, the experience was massively underwhelming. The lack of real-time notifications, the 3 day turnaround for transactions to appear on account and the general lack of features made me realise its no better than any other mobile banking app. I suppose the simplicity of the app very much reminded me of N26, nice clean interface, but lacking in advanced functionality a la Monzo/Starling. Shame, I’m sure its changed for the better, so I may try again in the future.

Now instant notifications and pending transactions are back I am now using it when I’m abroad as I don’t have another FX free card that has notifications, so it may be worth another look.

They are still saying Apple Pay and Google pay are coming soon, but I won’t hold my breath.

Not quite sure how but they’ve just got £120m funding completed…

1 Like

You do have to give Jaja something - they seem very good at making partnerships and that sort of thing.

Unfortunately the rest leaves a lot to be desired!

https://jaja.co.uk/all-stories/jaja-signs-deal-with-asda-to-launch-a-new-reward-digital-credit-card/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.