JAJA Discussion

Jaja Pioneers are being chucked off the platform - got an email saying my card being closed 30 June.

Will apparently be invited to join “Jaja 2.0” but no sign of that yet…

Not a big issue for me as I got the card as a card to use primarily outside the UK, and I haven’t done that a lot of late…

Hello!

You’ve been part of Jaja’s beta Pioneer programme, designed to test our credit card, and we will always be grateful for the journey you’ve been on with us.

We have now completed the set-up and launch of our new technology platform to run our credit cards. With our new platform in place, we’ve decided to close down our Pioneer programme.

This means we will close your Jaja Pioneer Credit Card account and end your current credit agreement with Jaja on 30 June 2021.

We’ve really appreciated all the support and feedback you and the rest of our Pioneers have provided us so far – and we’d love to have you involved as we roll out our new platform. Keep your eyes peeled for your invitation to apply.

2 Likes

I’ve also received the same.

Am I right in saying we will not be moved over to Jaja 2.0?

It says wait for the invite, then I assume pass another credit check.

That’s right, the email says that we’ll get an invitation to apply, but we won’t be rolled over to the new card. Which almost certainly means a new credit search, new credit limit, new terms.

There is no “Jaja 2.0” at the moment, there is only the co-branded cards from AA and Bank of Ireland, so first we’ll have to see what the new proposition is on things like FX charges, and then apply if it sounds like it suits.

1 Like

It’s a shame to see it go, I liked the virtual card with the changing CVV which felt a little more secure for internet shopping, they just failed to deliver on anything they promised at the start.

Just read the email in my inbox. This strikes me as unprofessional tbh, really don’t understand from a customer service perspective why would they terminate our agreements and invite us to start afresh, rather than helping migrate us to the new platform. Does anyone care about customer retention/satisfaction at JaJa? Freetrade managed to build & rollout a whole new Invest platform with no disruption to clients; dozens changing a lot of their stack with minimal impact and also Monzo, if I remember rightly, in its earlier days.

This is the part that irks me. Hopefully, the impact is negligible.

2 Likes

I don’t know why but I’m getting major Tandem vibes here and we’ve seen how that ended

1 Like

Yeah not very impressive at all. Don’t think I’ll be applying for a new card but will see if they produce anything different.

I think they’ve been having major difficulties with the migration of Post Office accounts going off the Twitter posts… maybe they just wanted to start a fresh?!

1 Like

I’m also in two minds about signing up as there wasn’t any development on the app in over a year. I can’t name one feature that was added since opening the account.

The way Jaja advertised the credit card as something new when the only difference was instant notifications. That’s the only part I would miss, but now have that with Amex.

Jaja at the time was offering £10 Amazon gift cards for successful onboarding for anyone who opens an account. Has anyone received theirs?

1 Like

I was one of the early Jaja Pioneers and I haven’t received my closure notice yet. My last name is near the end of the alphabet so I’m guessing its being done in batches in that order.

I have not received any of my referrals but I don’t expect to. They seem to have gone quiet on that front a long time ago.

Personally, I no longer use the account so it closing isn’t that much of a deal for me. I will have to change my Starlink order card from it though as I was using it for that if it shipped quickly.

An interesting thing is that Jaja never appeared on my credit reports. I wonder whether this is also be one of the factors.

Jaja appears on my creditkarma report, so the only good thing is that it’ll be removed as a £500 limit made it look over utilised if I put any spend on it.

:joy: no gave up on that a long time ago.

I am pretty happy with Tymit. To me it was a toss up between jaja and Tymit, and I never got invite to apply for jaja.

If you want Tymit referal message me.

I am interested to try the new jaja. Or maybe will go for virgin money.

Does Tymit have an open banking API?

Not currently

1 Like

I messaged support with this image attached and they credited my account with £20, no questions asked. So they must be aware that they were offering this when we signed up.

3 Likes

Yikes so they just hoped people would forget?

Seems like another fintech that has potential (they’re clearly good at getting partnerships) but is wasted by poor management.

1 Like

Received this from JAJA last week, looks like an invite to join a new waiting list.

I joined their waiting list (again)

Hopefully not too long until there are more details

I got the same email but IMHO they lost their window. It looks like Revolut / Starling / Monzo are all working on cards and I’d much rather stick with them than sign up for yet another fintech.

3 Likes