Is Tom Blomfield vital to the success of Monzo?

So … how vital do we think @tom is to the future success of Monzo? I mean without doubt Tom is the driving force and has a clear direction (awesome) for Monzo - but those damn buses get everywhere and should the worse case happen what do we think would happen to Monzo?

Is Monzo more classic Star Trek with @tom as Kirk or is Monzo more Star Trek Next Gen where @tom is Picard but there is a Riker nearby who can easily step in and take command?

I know this does sound like an awful topic, sorry, but it occurred to me as a customer and investor.

p.s. Sorry @tom

2 Likes

If there was a prize for most @‘s of the same person in 1 post, you’ve won

Head can change as long as the vision remains as well as the drive and focus. But best if he stays :grin:

9 Likes

Glorious analogy.

I’d like to think Tom is vital but I don’t know him or the company in enough detail to really opine on the deal.

I’ll go with my gut. Right now he’s crucial to the way Monzo works. In future, he may be able to leave, but only if his core beliefs are so entrenched, they can’t be removed without destroying what he built.

5 Likes

haha didn’t realise I had done that - do you think he will notice? :wink:

2 Likes

You have to tag him 77.7 million times to get a response.

6 Likes

the old Mantra - there is no I in team , yes Tom is a figurehead, more so than the other co founders ( probably through choice :slight_smile: ) , but so many people we have all seen and interacted with show , for me , something special , I would say that though as an investor :slight_smile: - you can only go on what you see from everybody involved

5 Likes

but there is me!

2 Likes

There’s an I in meat pie though and meat is an anagram of team…

2 Likes

Who’s Tom?

9 Likes

3 Likes

Is Tom as crucial to Monzo as Elon is to Tesla? :thinking:

Are you saying Tom’s a liability? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think it depends at what point he leaves…

If it’s 20 years down the line, his vision/ethos would be more than likely engrained into the company.

If he went now… I’d be worried who would takeover his position.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.