Is there a way to remove the "Approve online payments" feature

Apple Pay sounds like the most logical approach around this going forward. Especially with how easy it is, and Apple Pay now able to work Subscriptions. I suspect that’s why you can now use Apple Pay as a payment option both for purchases and subscriptions on the App Store. It’s not the most friendly way, particularly when your card expires, you need to cancel the subscription set the subscription up again with the updated Apple Pay token. That’s currently the only way to modify any subscription you buy using Apple Pay.

I’m curious how this will affect wallets like PayPal, though. In turn, what impact if any, will this have on recurring card payments too?

I’ll look forward to this, because presumably that will answer the above questions and more, and ease any anxieties I have around these changes.

Another concern of mine is an engagement I had with a Monzo employee on here last time this topic was brought up, in that the SMS fallback for verification would eventually be removed. Without an iPad app, this could potentially force me back to my legacy bank’s credit card for online shopping, because my abandonment rate with Monzo’s flow will quite literally skyrocket.

Verging slightly off topic here with a small feature request of my own for this flow. Any chance of adding support for rich notifications, so these things can be verified directly from the notification without ever needing to launch the app and leave the website?

5 Likes