iPhone Discussion

Talking of which, there is an iPhone 15 topic that was created last November but it has automatically closed. Can we get it re-opened?

As the poll closed with a clear majority I have just renamed this one so we can discuss all the iPhone models here :+1:

6 Likes

Looking forward to it, more so than I did to 14 Pro.

1 Like

I think this already is looking like for me itā€™ll be another skip generation, unless I can afford the pro, which sounds unlikely.

The new design in the pro looks good, new buttons. But I donā€™t want to pay extra for titanium. The standard iPhone 15 still looks like a small at best upgrade over the 12.

The things theyā€™ve added - like dynamic island - arenā€™t really things I want and I canā€™t believe they are still going to be selling an Ā£800 phone with a 60hz display in 2024.

But itā€™s a good level of hope that the new design will come to the standard 16 or 17, which would be in my usual upgrade cycle, and that finally itā€™ll have usb-c charging.

2 Likes

How else are they supposed to entice people to pony up for the Pros?

Poor Timmyā€™s gotta eat!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll quietly admit that I donā€™t see the difference between 60 and 120hz

USB C is coming to all iPhones this year though

1 Like

Love the throwback reference to the iPhone X, I remember getting the XS Max I felt like royalty with my first edge to edge screen. :partying_face:

3 Likes

I definitely see a huge difference, to the point where I struggle to see how people canā€™t see it :sweat_smile: But also the adaptive screen refresh allows for an always on display and much better battery life.

Theyā€™ve had it on iPads since 2017 and higher refresh screens are commonplace on even budget Android models like the Samsung A54 : pixel A series at this point. More than anything I think itā€™s just well overdue on an Ā£800 smartphone, it was arguably overdue 3 generations ago for one of the most expensive phones on the market.

1 Like

Oh yes - forgot that Iā€™d voted to rename this one :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Those changes make me excited for September

1 Like

New screens, cameras, body blah blah blah.

Whatā€™s the new good colour? I hope itā€™s not the rumoured blue! I want orange

4 Likes

Why though? Youā€™re just gonna end up slapping a case on it

1 Like

The article also mentions new processors for the Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra v2 (and a possibility of a darker titanium for the latter).

The new Ultra better not be desirable - my resistance is weak.

2 Likes

We donā€™t. We have AppleCare+ for that

I hope itā€™ll be good. I want one this year.

3 Likes

I never use a case!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never used a case! Naked always!

3 Likes

You know you can dress up even if your phone isnā€™t, right? Otherwise you may get in trouble one day!

3 Likes

It means I donā€™t get hassled by people trying to sell me things!

1 Like

This lack of case gives me nerves! Iā€™ve always cased my phones, the fear of scratching it is real.

With the exception (sort of) of the midnight green iPhone 11 Pro. That was far too beautiful a colour so it got a clear case.

1 Like

At the end of the day, my phone is a tool. It exists to serve me and not the other way around. Sure I fucked the coating on the stainless steel and after 9 months I have some scratches on the screen, but generally the newer phones hold up well.

And if I have a major oopsie, I have AC+

2 Likes