iPhone 13

It’s no surprise that you agree with him, but it isn’t true.

1 Like

So if you have a iPhone 3G you’re saying it won’t be slow running iOS 14?

Apple have already been sued multiple times over this and someone even shared the link about for messing with the battery etc

No, it won’t, because you can’t update a 3G to iOS 14

But you can update an iPhone 7 to iOS 14. I bet I could count on my two hands how many Android phones from 3 years ago have been updated to the latest Android, let alone phones from 5 years ago

1 Like

I think you’re confusing yourself again.

Which is where you’re wrong.

The iPhone 3G came out in 2008, does not support iOS14. The oldest phone you can update to iOS14 is the 6s. That won’t be slow because it’s been upgraded to iOS14, it will be slow because it was released in 2015!

2 Likes

It was an example

A quick news search shows Apple throttles old ones.

Please don’t edit quotes without being explicit with what you’re doing.

You’re just repeating what’s already been said and then replying to different parts and expecting people to understand you.

1 Like

Still proves Apple throttles devices.

You’re just here with an agenda, aren’t you?

1 Like

So there’s not much to say about iPhone 13 then. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m sure the feeling is mutual

It’ll probably have an A15 SoC I reckon :sweat_smile:

I wonder if they’ll actually call it the iPhone 13. Especially as the number 13 is unlucky in many countries, also known as Triskaidekaphobia.

Some countries even remove the button for the 13th floor from elevators.

1 Like

I feel like they will drop the numbers at some point. So it will become the new iPhone “insert size nickname here”

Given that they went with iPhone 4, I’m guessing 13 will probably be fine too.

They’ve dropped them from iPad, I expected them to go last year for iPhone.

I ended up using one of the new power button Touch ID iPad Airs a few days ago, and my god it felt legacy compared to my iPad Pro.

I have to reach up and touch something? Preposterous!

1 Like

Yeah agree with this. TouchID feels just ridiculous when I have to use it now.

I know we’re talking a couple seconds of my life max and a tiny movement but it’s just not necessary anymore.

1 Like

That’s curious. I thought it looked like a decent compromise, and would like to have it on my iPad Pro. Under screen would be much better though.

I don’t get on with FaceID on my iPad at all. It’s finicky with angles, orientations, distance, and when I hold it in landscape I’m always accidentally covering it.

I know it’s not going to happen but I wish they’d go the Android route of not needing to auth for low value transactions (like a card!). Was one of my main annoyances when I first switched.

1 Like

In my experience the under screen sensors still aren’t as good as the traditional sort.

I’m happy with FaceID on my iPad pro. I like that it does work in both orientations but the biggest fix would come with Apple accepting that the iPad is a landscape device and physically moving the camera (and port) to reflect this!

3 Likes