Invest in Monzo: Launching Our Crowdfunding!

Based on money counter so far, it looks like Monzo users will pledge over the limit. :smiley: It does make me a bit sad.

Iā€™d be surprised if the pledge counter didnā€™t top Ā£10m before itā€™s closed. I expect Monzo could have raised the entire Ā£22.5m from the crowd if theyā€™d chosen to.

2 Likes

I signed up :sunglasses:

Will Alpha users, who initially missed out on the 96second funding, be given priority to invest? (after the lucky ones who got through in the first place!)

You can modify the amount that youā€™ve pledged in the app too.

|235.5x250

1 Like

No, weā€™re starting with a fresh slate this time round Connor! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

whoa - just got back on my laptop and the total pledged has gone up over Ā£750K after a 30min drive :slight_smile: by that should only take another 20 minutes to reach the target :slight_smile:

1 Like

Target reached already

any guesses on how high it will go ? @tommy5dollar has Ā£10m - Im going for Ā£4.8m - :rocket:

Iā€™m an existing investor and Iā€™ve just pre-registered for the next round. The app tells me Iā€™ll be going through the ballot - is this correct?

I donā€™t want Ā£10m! I said at least Ā£10m. If weā€™re doing a sweepstake, then Iā€™m going to go for Ā£17.8m.

1 Like

From the email confirmation:

At midday on Tuesday March 14th, weā€™ll run a ballot to randomly select the lucky investors, who will then be invited to complete their investment via the Crowdcube page. If you are an existing investor in Monzo, youā€™ll be guaranteed access to invest again.

We will email with further instructions on March 14th. If you are selected, youā€™ll then have 48 hours to finalise your investment.

I read at https://monzo.com/invest/ in the Investment Deck / Pitch pdf:

ā€œFurther geographic expansion depends on the availability of capital. By
2017, our UK banking authorisation should allow us to operate across
Europe under our own licence, generating revenue from personal
lending.ā€

It says as soon as Monzo gets the full banking license the expansion to the rest of Europe can begin. What does that mean exactly? Can we expect the start of the expansion to other european countries at that time? Or does Monzo still need more capital for that.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @sde1000 This is just a generic message that everyone sees! If youā€™re an investor, youā€™ll be able to pledge without being entered into the random ballot.

I would guess around Ā£40m or much more. Whilst I donā€™t believe that it is the amount that is on the table to invest, you have to consider a few things:

• A pledge isnā€™t the same as handing over the money in an investment, so it is cheap to sign up, lock in your opportunity and chose not to invest.
  • As itā€™s a ballot, family members and friends will enter multiple times with different email addresses to have a greater chance.
  • The press hasnā€™t started covering it yet, it may make national or international news.
2 Likes

Ā£7.7m :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll go for Ā£8.3m.

1 Like

You will not go throw ballot as existing

I went into my app and there is no button nor dropdown which allows me to pledge my Ā£1000
Why?
I have no information nor links in my app to this crowdfunding project whatsoever.
Why?

Which version of the app do you have? And is it iOS or Android?

1 Like