Introducing the new Monzo Plus

I’d like to try it but I think the 3 month minimum period is prohibitive. Not willing to pay £15 for a trial.

I assume the minimum period is mostly related to card costs.

I’d like to suggest offering a free trial period for the software features only (i.e. don’t offer the bits with direct cost as part of this trial such as card, interest, and free PayPoint deposit). Then customer can make a more informed choice as to whether he/she wants to start paying and lock in for min 3 months.

Alternatively start at £5/month with option to not take the card and don’t have 3 month minimum if card is not taken. Only lock in 3 month minimum if/when card is ordered.

6 Likes

You’re an administrator, no? you don’t have access, or do only community mods have access? On that side of things, have Monzo throught about volunteer community moderators?

I agree completely

1 Like

Absolutely correct :joy:

There is, but it’s only two weeks, just don’t order a new card.

Hence why I reposted @michaelw90 's useful post from last thread (above)

1 Like

No, I believe discourse limits the number of administrators and so I have some moderation privileges as a member of staff but I don’t work in the social team so don’t have admin access.

We do have volunteer moderators - our wonderful Coral Crew - but they have similar limits to their powers!

6 Likes

Where does it say that?
Doesn’t seem to say it on the in-app info page. The info page says 3 month minimum.

From Monzo Plus T&C

“If you change your mind, you can cancel Monzo Plus within 14 days of signing up. If you’d
like to cancel, you can do this in the app. We’ll give you a full refund of your monthly fee but
we’ll charge you £5 to cover the cost of delivering your Monzo Plus card.”

Find it here under Cancelling

4 Likes

It’s £5 a month, you’ll spend more on things more frivolously. Not everything has to or should come with a free trial.

The card point is an interesting one because if you cancel after 3 months, Monzo send you another card to replace your blue one, costing them more money.

3 Likes

It’s in the Ts & Cs. You can cancel within 14 days and get your £5 back, but if you ordered a new card they’ll charge you £5 delivery.

I haven’t got my phone handy at the minute, so I’ll see if I can find the page later.

2 Likes

Will my sexy orange card be cancelled when I receive my mouthwatering blue one?

2 Likes

Only if you activate new card which can be anytime you want when it comes or next year no rush

@Anarchist @PaulUK

Ok thanks. T&Cs don’t seem to be accessible within app - at least not prior to initiation of purchase. As an aside poor visibility of T&Cs when evaluating a product is one of my major bugbears with Monzo. Not just a Plus issue.

Even with the T&Cs it’s not crystal clear that you can avoid costs. That seems to require forum knowledge that you can start Plus without ordering a card.

@Revels

It’s not simply £5/month to begin with. It’s £15 min unless you know about the 14 day cooling off option and how to avoid incurring card cancellation costs.

I’d be happy with £5/month to try just the software features and have no minimum period (and no card etc)

4 Likes

Overall I’m pretty happy with this - great work. Only caveat is joint accounts please :pray:

What I like:

• Overall UX with open banking, credit tracker, etc all in one place
  • Real-time sync to google sheets
  • Increased foreign cash withdrawal
  • Custom categories (and hopefully improved budgeting features will continue to be added)

It feels like features will continue to be added and if so I will continue to subscribe. It would be great if other accounts (e.g. mortgages) could be added.

Monzo is now starting to act as a central hub for my finances which is great (and looks good!) - happy to pay for this.

3 Likes

Central hub for finances want help me properly as only Great Britain banks can be added I see Northern Ireland excluded from the list in full

1 Like

The debacle of the first thread being locked just shows how useless the flagging system truly is.

One of the main reasons I left the forum. (Only back for this discussion)

Back on topic, again this is a product in infancy which already has more than the original plus had at launch and I can see the potential for growth, which I couldn’t see for the first product.

1 Like

I personally am just enjoying a polished product! Of course it’s not going to please everyone but that not it’s intention. I’m just excited to see how they evolve the new Plus

4 Likes

I think that’s a large part of the appeal for me. This is the first Monzo product that to me feels well thought out and polished. I hope to see much more of this going forward, and perhaps they could add some of that polish to some of the core app stuff that still feels half baked and unfinished.

3 Likes

50 likes in a day? (limit) - Good grief - do it 20 more times and the badge is yours.

1 Like