Introducing the new Monzo Plus

PLEASE DO THIS it would be amazing for expenses - I hate having expenses mess up my spending history so having a virtual card I could add to google pay that would take money straight from an expenses pot would be incredible

Thanks.
How about Coutts? Amex?

The IFTTT variatnt wouldn’t ever update when you change the data.

Nor would it capture non card transactions. IFTTT didn’t show a complete picture, while this variant does.

1 Like

I’d hazard a guess very very few Monzo customers are Coutts customers so that’s probably not very likely, however, AMEX i’d say has a very strong possibility

1 Like

I’m getting a bug on a connected account - one of 3 Santander accounts, when refreshing, the “Santander” heading dissapears.

Not sure if others get this or it is known.

It’s a bug that they are aware off and will be fixed soon

Ah cheers, had missed that elsewhere!

I have had support confirm it’s will be in the next few days or week to fix but doesn’t cause the data to be missing

Connected accounts update two times per day I was told so for up to date you need to hit refresh

Who’s ready for the evening rush where we get to go through all of this again? :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

I don’t think my brain can handle it

2 Likes

Custom categories and splitting transactions across multiple categories are features that have been requested for years on base Monzo - I don’t think we should have to pay for them!

1 Like

I asked about this back when they first tried to re-do plus and held an event explaining the plan (and the custom monzo.me names weren’t included in that new one either). I was told you’d keep your custom one!

As ever, it’s not about what you, I or anyone else thinks. If it’s not a package that appeals to you, don’t sign up for it. I’m petty sure it will change over time and maybe something later on will be worth it.

Just because something’s been requested for a while doesn’t entitle anyone to get it for free. It also doesn’t require anyone to like that it’s not free either.

2 Likes

Unless it’s a free package that won’t fit what they’ve just asked for

I want everything to be free, just throwing that out there.

5 Likes

Well done Monzo team for getting the new Plus out. Sounds a decent set of things to use as an add on for a bank account.

My only major criticism is that open banking will be paywalled. I have Monzo in my old RBS account for free so that being gated is a shame. Makes more sense I start using RBS again to keep all my finances in one place.

I hope not as I’m above their average age too (only slightly though :stuck_out_tongue: )

The card yes, the features, no.

Not according to the T&Cs

Well you can keep the card… Whether it works or not…

2 Likes