Can’t see that this has been mentioned yet, but how will subscriptions like Netflix and Spotify work? These essentially keep your card details on file and repeat the payment each month. Will you have to approve each transaction before it goes through? Periodically do that??? 
It is slightly different for them as they have are a recurring card payments (RCP) or continuous payment authorities (CPA).
When you signup for them, you agree to a RCP.
It’s not clear that this applies to online (card not present) transactions at all. There’s no way to enter your PIN with these, so I don’t think SCA applies. I the periodic card PIN requirement is all about contactless transactions.
SCA is also for online transactions where you will have to approve them.
RCPs would be excluded due to how they are setup. As once they setup, you have given continuous permission.
Pretty sure the online transactions part of SCA has been delayed and that deadline has been pushed back.
I thought Monzo were going to do all this via 3DS v2? Not sure about any hard deadline on it though.
They said there would be another blog post for online transactions soon
Hi Monzo…can you tell me if there will be any changes to authentication for customers who have saved a card to make a payment off session at a later time? - like a spotify subscription, of gym sub or some other variable payment taken with a saved card…thanks
Hi Kristina. Welcome to the community!
There are no changes to those payments (for now at least!) as under these new laws they count as merchant initiated payments, not customer initiated
Hi Michael
Thanks for the welcome. That’s good to know. Do you know whether these types of payments are automatically identified as Merchant Initiated Payments or whether the payment processor has to mark them as MIP specifically. No worries if you don’t know this - but thanks for your response 
I think there is a difference in that regard between a recurring card payment with continuous payment authority (thinking installments on Amazon or a Netflix subscription) and making a payment using card details already stored in a merchant system, but someone from the Payments team at Monzo would know far more than I!
However I do believe that both cases are exempt for now (certainly the continuous payment authority one will be, at least after the initial set up)
Happy to be corrected!
Thanks Michael - much appreciated:+1:
They are the same thing. The payment platform we use calls them RCPs and the PSP calls them CPAs.
edit
RCP = recurring card payment
CPA = continuous payment authority
PSP = payment service provider
I think we need more TLA’s
Just to check, I know recurring card payment with continuous payment authority is the same thing, but I was wondering about the difference with a card number already stored on a website for “later use”
Its hard when you use the TLA all day every day to switch and use the full terms.
If it is stored for ‘later use’, then you would have to initiate the transaction as the merchant does not have permission to use your card and would be hit with the SCA.
Thanks
Consider me corrected 
I have to do this with my Huawei P20 Pro - I’m on facial recognition and fingerprint unlock yet still, every 2 or 3 weeks, I wake up and before going anywhere, have to enter my 6 digit pin.
It’s no real biggie and at least there’s security implementation at some point over and above the regular usage.
I can imagine if it’s too often for payments I’ll get frustrated, but that said, I’d rather be frustrated than have bundles of my hard earned cash go flying out of my account. That said, I wish I had bundles of cash to go flying out of my account. I guess it’ll teach me for not working hard…
Does anybody know how SCA will work in situations where a Chip & Pin reader isn’t available, such as on public transport? Are these transactions exempt from SCA?