Introducing Salary Sorter and Bills Pots šŸŽ‰

Donā€™t get any advance notifications at all. Just when the DD has been taken and paid.

Presumably because the amount you have in your bill pot is >= the value coming out the next day

I had 3 of one notification and 2 of another.

I have 4 DD(1JA, 3CA) but I havenā€™t received any notifications

Absolute beauty!

Iā€™ve been waiting on this for some time, and I very happy itā€™s finally come!

What Iā€™d love to see next is the ability to div up your savings by percentageā€¦ Iā€™m a mature student, who has gone back to work part-time during term time and full-time during holidays. So my wage fluctuates depending on how much uni work I have going on.

Sorting my salary by percentage would be great. As most of the time, it is only a small amount I can save, which is always a different amount. If this becomes a feater it means taking away the human element where I have to work out the amount and move it manually. In turn, Iā€™ll end up just not saving.

Make it automatic and transferred straight out into another savings account (not just a Monzo pot) and youā€™re onto a winnerā€¦ Could even change lives :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the salary sorter and chose to keep the settings. Applied and money transferred. I canā€™t seem to find a way to edit the amounts. judging by the responses above I need to wait until next month?

Does that mean to salary sorter is a manual process each month?

At the moment, yes.

I had 3 coming out today from pots and only had one greyed out on the feed. Strange.

Is it normal that a bill pot DD still affects the left to spend on the main account ??

Automated and allowing percentages I can see happening. Not sure how good of an idea it would be help you move your funds away from Monzo - who knows though :man_shrugging:

:rofl: and solve world peace too? :wink:

Hey all,

I played around with the Salary Sorter yesterday when I got paid, and everything seems to be working nicely, coming out of my Bills Pots as needed etc.

However - how do I edit the Salary Sorter? I forgot to add one payment into the Bills Pot, and want to edit the amount that goes into there on Payday. I canā€™t see an option for it anywhere? Has anyone managed to find it?

Thanks!

Wait until next payday.

You can only do it by clicking into the payment like you did this time round. So as mentioned above youā€™ll need to wait until your next payday.

To answer your future questionā€¦ yes Monzo will be improving this :wink:

Oh ok! That makes sense - but yeah, would be great if you just do it on the fly.

Thanks @Feathers and @Ordog!

1 Like

If you mean just for DDs that are about to come out (i.e. already showing in greyscale on your feed) then yes - I think this is a bug that is affecting everyone. Still waiting to hear about it, hopefully theyā€™re working on it.

If you mean for other DDs, no - the left to spend should be accurate and only deduct payments that will be coming from your main account, not ones that will come from your bill pot and are covered there.

1 Like

In the bill pot itself, it just totals what is left to pay, it would be good if it also totalled the total for that month and also made it a bit clearer what has been paid already by prehaps splitting the list into paid this month and left to pay items.

Sorry if this has been suggested already but Iā€™m not reading 562 posts to find out.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see automation and percentages too. It would be great if they could make the sorter run on the last day of month as well as the first. So it would act as a sweep feature, allowing me to move any left over money at the end of the month into pots.

Got to try using the salary sorter properly for the first time.

It didnā€™t go well :frowning:

Tapping the payment and opting to sort it brought up the flow nicely. And the first two items I sorted fit the predefined value bounds (that is, I just tapped on + until they were correct).

The third one was a slightly odd amount, so I had to tap on the figure and type it in.

Then, while trying to confirm this amount/hide the keyboard/carry on with the sorting, I accidentally tapped the ā€˜Sort Salaryā€™ button.

Didnā€™t ask for any kind of confirmation, went in to ā€˜Sorting!ā€™ right away, with no option to cancel.

To add insult to injury, it then only sorted the first two items and not the third one that was the cause of this mess in the first place.

Tapping back on the initial transaction, I now no longer have the option of sorting it.

Having already deleted my scheduled transfers in anticipation of using this tool, Iā€™m now having to manually sort pretty much the whole thing myself instead.

So for me, what was a great idea has ended up being a pretty awful experience. At the very least, I think the flow should be amended to add a ā€œConfirm you want to process now / Carry on making changesā€ screen so that misstaps arenā€™t a sudden-death event.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, or am I just clumsier than the average Monzo customer?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve not had any accidents yet with Salary Sorter, but your experience of the results of a clumsy/unsure tap highlights a UI issue which could be improved.

1 Like

This is exactly what I came here to ask for as well.

The other thing I am struggling with is why this month for example I havenā€™t got enough money in that pot whilst last month I did. Clearly I have added something to it, or an amount has changed but there is no way of working that out from what I can see. So being able to see the last payment for each item maybe so you can quickly compare and see what is causing the fluctuations?

Thanks