Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

How long should it take for transactions to move into the “Paid Off” section? Some transactions seem to have moved there but others haven’t.

1 Like

Next day if memory serves.

1 Like

They were hopeless yesterday when I had issues changing the bank details for my direct debit. I couldn’t get him to understand what it was I wanted doing.

1 Like

Is there a way to default all instalments to be paid in full every time I spend money on Flex or do I have to choose what instalment I want every time I spend?

3 Likes

Currently the latter.

3 Likes

@avb or @TomMills This happened when I just opened my app and not sure if it’s intentional or not.

The “flex it” bit flashed a couple of times but the overlay looks messy, as if something isn’t working properly? Or is this intended behaviour?

1 Like

Releasing what?

1 Like

In feed ads to flex stuff. Can’t remember if it was aimed at people who already have flex to get them to use it more, or aimed at people who don’t have it to get them to sign up. There was discourse on it a while back, but busy thread.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought that’s been released and wasn’t just a test. I hope it’s for people who don’t have it. If I start getting adverts for Flex when I have it I’ll close it.

Also unsure how healthy it is to encourage people to use credit to cover £30 transactions.

4 Likes

I don’t mind seeing it a couple of times but the fact that it flash’s up every time I open the app at the moment is annoying as I do feel like it is encouraging me to flex when I don’t need to.

Update: in “day mode” the little label that flashes up looks tidy. I think I’m “night mode” the colour doesn’t match the background which is why it looks more messy.

3 Likes

So you have Flex and it still shows up? Do you have “lending promotions” turned on?

I have it turned off and I never see it.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure it’s an advert as much as a ui prompt to let you know what transactions are flexable.

I agree it could be more discreet but I’m not sure it’s an advert

1 Like

Have you recently got Flex? I can’t remember where but I’m sure someone from Monzo said that they temporarily show you which kind of transactions can be Flex’d for a short while.

5 Likes

Yes, so it could be that! To be honest my issue was more about it looking like they had set the wrong background colour in dark mode anyway.

1 Like

What happened to your hat/button?

I have them turned on and never see it either. Hard to say from that if it makes a difference when it’s a relatively new thing and seems to be targeted at new flex customers.

Slightly strange message from Flex for me today!

We’ll take your next Flex payment on [amount] on [date]. You didn’t choose a plan for 0 purchases. So we chose the lowest monthly instalment.

Doesn’t quite seem to add up there :sweat_smile: Has anyone else had an SMS like this?

Does anyone know if the card would be identified as a credit card when in use?

Looking at some home improvements and they have said they don’t take credit card and wondered if Flex could be used instead?

2 Likes

Could always pay with your debit card then Flex it later, if you have enough funds initially.

6 Likes

Good shout I just really wanted to use the flex one :rofl:

2 Likes