Introducing Extra, Perks and Max

That’s what I am attempting with the Perks card now I have downgraded to Extra. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

I ordered a burnt coral but stuck with standard hot coral.

1 Like

How’s the card pestering going?

I’ve hard to get a new card and I can’t get another yellow, so I’ve got hot coral coming :frowning:

It’s not asked me a single time to activate it yet, my delivery window was 15-23rd so it may start if I don’t activate it by the 23rd.

1 Like

I want to get the max card as my metal card is super discoloured but I’m also just way too lazy to change my card details on a millions different subscriptions etc … very first world problems here!

1 Like

That’s part of my thinking now that I’m being forced into a new card, do I do it now and get the card I want :thinking:

Do it. :eyes:

Well this has ruined my future card plans. :sob:

2 Likes

Got extra now and thankfully doesnt do card upgrade i have my yellow card.

Two yellows make a red.

1 Like

Any chance of making the Network Railcard available?

1 Like

It is, that’s what I got with my Max plan

1 Like

Oh excellent

cough Virtual Cards cough

Sorry, had something stuck in my throat. :wink:

3 Likes

If Virtual Cards were made free then I’d certainly be quite happy to join but I can’t justify paying for something that is free at Revolut and Starling.

I can’t imagine that “45,000 customers” insisted on keeping Virtual Cards as a paid feature.

If virtual cards were free you’d be happy to join Monzo? Or Perks/Max/Extra?

I’d join Monzo if Virtual Cards were free, absolutely.

I find them extremely useful but there’s little point in going from a bank where I can use them for free to a bank where I’d have to pay for the privilege.

1 Like

The railcard perk almost got me to make the jump to an upgraded account, then I realised disabled railcards aren’t included.

I know that’s a flaw of Trainline’s rather than Monzo’s choice, but I’m disappointed that you’ve chosen to partner with a company that doesn’t offer the full range of railcards.

Households which include a disabled person pay an average of £975 more than those with no disabled members. That’s a lot of money for basic survival, so paying more for a money saving option that excludes me isn’t appealing!

2 Likes

Hi @Carmella, welcome!

First of all, your email address is showing on your profile as your name. You may want to change this for your privacy as soon as you can :slightly_smiling_face:

Are disabled railcards available through any partner, or just via National Rail? If the latter, I think it’s unlikely they’d partner with Monzo and so this exclusion will always exist.

Sadly no product will ever work for everyone, and it’s up to people to decide whether it’s worth it for them.

1 Like

If it helps, I’m in the south and also do not qualify for any railcards.

They don’t help with commuting anyways (not sure if that’s why you wanted it) and seem to only be useful if you want to travel long distance at weekends.

1 Like