Introduce yourself 👋

Ey up!
There’s no other ‘shire’ than Yorkshire! :joy:

Bloody Nor’man.

Thanks!, Aye it is. Shocking how I’ve never knew about it all my life!.

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Olammide and I recently opened my Monzo account. The platform has been amazing and seamless.

4 Likes

Just saying hello! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to using Monzo again after having an account in 2018.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, have been using Monzo for a few years now and I can’t be more excited about how it has made my relationship with my spending and sharing money so much better. I look forward to seeing how Monzo is developing and now being part of this community.

I mean really what other bank has a “community” per say to begin with.

Still not entirely sure I can contribute as I just joined, but hey I guess I will have a look around and see how people use this platform and hopefully I can help.

Feel free to reach out, ask a question or whatever really.

Have a cool day y’all

Much love
G x

3 Likes

Hey :wave:

I’m Josh (maybe obvious from the boring username :joy:) and I’ve been using Monzo on and off for about a year. I’ve constantly lurked the forum so I thought it was time to make an account.

I’m thinking of moving my salary over to Monzo shortly! I have a backup HSBC account for paying in cash and the odd cheque but my god is the app terrible compared to Monzo. It’s 2020 and HSBC still doesn’t have pending transactions!

Hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Welcome :wave:

Even if you just give your opinion on stuff, this is really valuable whether you’re new or not. There is plenty going on here so just get stuck in :slight_smile:

Welcome @Josh :wave:

Plenty of people keep an old account open for this very reason, it’s also a good idea to keep it open as having an account open for a long time positively impacts your credit rating :slight_smile:

Come join us on the dark side :laughing:

1 Like

Whats up! :wave:

Been a BIG fan of Monzo since day 1 and cannot spread the gospel about this company enough! I’ve had an account since the early Monzo Beta days and am also an Investor! :moneybag:

I use Monzo for everything! Safe to say I’m a big advocate, which is why I introduced my parents, siblings, friends and girlfriend to their Monzo current accounts. I ditched Lloyds Bank after my overdraft fees went up by the best part of 300% per month!!

Plain sailing ever since :sailboat:

4 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: and welcome!

If you’re planning on hanging around here you need to get your investor flair added to your profile :moneybag:

Good point! How do I go about that then?..

If you signed up to the forum with the same email as your monzo account it should automatically go over the next couple of days, if it doesn’t or you used a different email then private message @cookywook

Grand! Thanks @kolok

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

My name is Agnes and I have just switched over from revolut! Looking forward to discovering all the benefits on Monzo especially this community!

4 Likes

Hi Agnes & welcome :wave:

Have a good read of the topics posted in the community - you’ll learn a lot.
And don’t be afraid to post, we’re a friendly bunch :smile:

1 Like

Hello Richard how can I get a card ?

Hi Laura & welcome :wave:

From the App Store or Google Play Download, install & run the Monzo app on your iOS or Android phone - then go through the application process.

It’s not hard - a video selfie will be required for verification - although I applied so long ago it’s not fresh in my memory what the exact steps are. Good Luck :crossed_fingers:

Hi everyone! I’ve been playing around with Monzo for a while and casually lurking the community but as I’m currently in the midst of switching the rest of my main finances into Mozo I figured I should say hi \o

I’m looking to a new world where I’m no longer stuck in an overdraft and can keep a better eye on my money!

2 Likes

Hi Mitch & welcome :wave:

I was also a heavy overdraft user. The absolute solution for me was… don’t have an overdraft. While this won’t work for everyone, it certainly wakes you up to how you should save money and how you shouldn’t waste it. Monzo has been very good at displaying this and has helped me (and many, many others)

1 Like

Thank you for the friendly welcome.

The way Monzo displays your money and helps understand where it goes and how your spending it has been invaluable and what ultimately made me decide to switch my direct debits and ask my work to pay me direct into Monzo.

I will retain my traditional bank atleast in the short term

1 Like

Hello all,

Another new member to the community here. I really do love my Monzo card and account - and I’ve never felt compelled to say that before about any other bank account that I’ve had!!

B

3 Likes