Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Sweet like a JaffaCake :heart:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Kristopher and I just got my Beta Invite a few days ago, now I am just waiting to get my card but I canā€™t wait to start using Monzo. I am moving from N26 to Monzo so this should be a interesting change.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5 Likes

Hi Kris

What is the N26 offering like in the States?

1 Like

Hey Rat,

Itā€™s very basic right now honestly, we have Perks and then they just now got Venmo, Cash App and PayPal working for them so that is something that was need badly. It is a struggle at times because the features now are so limited because itā€™s so new to the US.

Then of course we have the basic of the banking, so right now itā€™s limited but I am sure they will release more features as they grow in the US

2 Likes

Hi Kris!
Welcome to Monzo :wave:

Whats the difference between UK current accounts and US bank accounts, i have always been confused about the difference between finance management (really silly question i know)

Hope you had a lovely holiday too!

I have found it really interesting reading the Monzo USA topics.
The differences are a real eye opener.
Hopefully, as Monzo USA grows, Iā€™ll get to lean more about banking ā€œacross the pondā€

2 Likes

Yea I had no idea how different the banking System was in other countries

1 Like

It is very different indeed. I was shocked the first time I changed my PIN that it was an automated phone service to do it.

1 Like

Hi there. I thought I was signing up to my account - which I want to check. Think I must be in the wrong place (still got the Christmas lurgyā€¦). Please can you advise. Much appreciated!

To check your account you need to open the monzo app

If itā€™s the web version you need then web.monzo.com

1 Like

Howdy, similar to others Iā€™ve been using Monzo since the pre-paid BETA but relatively new to the forums so thought I would pop in a message.

Really like Monzo and how it integrates so well with other services. Not so much a question about Monzo but the forums. I posted a Thread about 7 hours ago for an issue in the help category. It was blocked pending moderation review before going live. The thread still doesnā€™t exist so how long does it realistically take for a moderator to review, or should I have received a message to confirm why it didnā€™t?

Monzo staff moderate the queue. So itā€™s likely there will be a wait whilst they visit the forum. Understandably, over the holidays the forum is the lowest priority, even lower then usual! :laughing:

Hello and welcome :wave: by the way!

2 Likes

Thanks for your help with this Emma. Now sorted! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all!
I am Andrea, one year ago I moved to UK from Italy and after a couple of months struggling with currencies a friend told me about Monzo. I opened the account the day after and I am still happy to use it!
Now I want to join the community to give some feedback to improve the product :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi All,

Iā€™ve just recently switched to Monzo - Iā€™ve been a long term First Direct / HSBC customer and wanted to try something new. Iā€™m really impressed with what Monzo have done and their community lead development process - this is exactly how it should be!

I work in software development and we follow an Agile methodology which has customers at the core of the direction of the product - itā€™s refreshing to see this happening on a banking application! Great work and looking forward to contributing my ideas to help improve the platform!

P.S. Iā€™ve found using Monzo + Moneydashboard exactly what I need from a banking + budgeting perspective. Check them both out.

Sean

4 Likes

Hello :wave: @chilibean
Welcome to Monzo Community, You can apply for an account in the Monzo App, or you can alternatively head to Download | Monzo and get the app links from your phone.

Hope that helps,

Hi, Andrea :wave: @Krusty
Welcome to the Monzo Community, your definitely in the right place to leave nay feedback behind to improve Monzo :slight_smile:

Hope you had a lovely new year,

Welcome to the Community @Cullen411 :wave:
Im also really love the Monzo App, i have been Full Monzo for a long time now and its the best choice i made financially in a long time :slight_smile:

Hi Iā€™m wazz from Yorkshire, UK.

New to Monzo and only just come across this community.

My first post, hopefully not that last either.

4 Likes

Hi Wazz & welcome :wave:

Iā€™m from the other ā€˜shireā€™ (:rose:), but donā€™t let that go against meā€¦:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

This place is an invaluable source of info and help, with a lot of great people. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy the forum!

1 Like

Welcome Wazz!

1 Like