Introduce yourself šŸ‘‹

Well the cards arrived and survived itā€™s first night in the pub! I am seriously impressed!! How great is it to think if thereā€™s any fraudulent use Iā€™ll be notified instantly!!

4 Likes

One of many fantastic Monzo features!

Welcome to Monzo @Dieseldog57

Disclaimer: Im not really a dinosaur

1 Like

Itā€™s called Hot Coral :nerd_face: :wink:

2 Likes

Hey all,

Iā€™m Matt and live near Reading, UK, though Iā€™m originally from Australia. Figured Iā€™d give Monzo a go as a couple of friends rave about it. I ditched banks years ago in favour of a building society, which Iā€™ve been very happy with, but over time theyā€™ve become pretty much my only financial institution. So with all my eggs in one basket, whenever they have an issue then Iā€™m stuck. So here we areā€¦ :slight_smile:

Itā€™ll take some time to get my head around the idea of no online banking website to login to, I think (assuming Iā€™ve understood it right), but I was astonished how quick it was to set up the account, verify my identity and transfer some money into it.

But itā€™s past 02:30 now, so Iā€™ll have to explore tomorrow. Thought Iā€™d say hi before heading to bed.

8 Likes

:joy:

Welcome Matt :wave:

1 Like

Hello @Antipodean :wave:
Welcome to Monzo!
Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

You can access a very limited online view of your Monzo account however you canā€™t use it like you would use Internet Banking with a legacy bank!

1 Like

I just checked out web.monzo.com and it looks like a useful tool, thanks.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Not new to Monzo (user #62915 and took part in a crowdfunding round), but new to the forums! Still canā€™t believe the difference Monzo has had in the way people my age (just joining their 20s) interact with their money!

Iā€™m also a Junior software developer and have been following (and admiring) Monzoā€™s developer tools and tech stack for years now :smile:

3 Likes

There are quite a few in-depth blog posts about the technology Monzo uses that Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy in case youā€™ve missed them.

Also the developers section of this forum has discussions of people doing some pretty cool stuff with the API and such :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

Welcome to the forum :heart:

1 Like

Your most certainly welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m Drew. Have been a Monzo cardholder from early days and a share holder among other things looking for more shares if possible.

A fintech enthusiast who loves the Monzo community.

Cheers.

Hello - just joined, and actually only because I wanted to say thank you - Monzo is one of the best things Iā€™ve done financially in 2019.

No longer hours of time spent in excel trying to work out how much money iā€™ve spent and how much I have left in each one of my categories (I have 11 pots :wink: ) - I assign money each month, and when the pot is empty, thatā€™s it.

I used to have 11 savings accounts to achieve the same thing - but of course thatā€™s very tedious. Iā€™ve literally saved hundreds. Thank you Monzo!!

4 Likes

Please read the below, but if you want to assume all the risk scroll to the top of the below topic and youā€™ll find some people who are selling shares :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Hi Tina :wave:
Welcome to Monzo

The pots and budgeting features with Monzo are amazing. Keep your eyes peeled for whatā€™s to come in the future as there are a lot of plans in the works

PS: Welcome to the community, I am definitely not a Dinosaur :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

Only a dinosaur would claim, without prompting, that they werenā€™t a dinosaur

Only a rat would call them out.

1 Like