Intro to Core Experience 🎉

Welcome @giorgio :wave: There’s been loads of discussion over the years. Some old stuff but some still relevant here:

I think the Payment screen is a bit messy currently and could do with a tidy up. Recent and Frequent seems overkill for example. Other things:
Payee details
I’d love to see payee enrichment similar to how Monzo does merchant enrichment. So the payee has the name, photo/image and previous transactions to/from them on the payee screen. Crucially when the payee pays you it’s the same enrichment as displayed in the contact rather than a hotchpotch of display names that we get now. I’d like the ability to hide Monzo contacts I’m never going to pay. Plus bring back merge payees. It’s gone for me.
Shared tab
I currently have an outstanding owe. This is because I used my joint account with an external person. It’s now saying my partner needs to pay me. They don’t because it was from joint account. There’s no way to settle this so I’m stuck with Friends owe you £XX.
Scheduled
Some proper order to this list. It’s very random right now. Oh and please add Plus/Premium to scheduled payments :pray: What about including scheduled payments from pots here as well.
Request
This doesn’t work so well. If I choose a non Monzo contact it brings up the Monzo.me screen then I have to choose the contact in the share sheet. I’m therefore not sure why the list of contacts is there. Perhaps this could be smarter. After all, you have access to my phone contacts so perhaps it could somehow select that contact to send the link to without the need to select via the share sheet.
I look forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks for your input. :smiley:

5 Likes