I'm leaving Monzo - Why and what I've learned in almost 4 years here ❤

Has always been great to see you on here, and hope everything goes well for you at Sphere and beyond!

2 Likes

Tbh, I miss the culture of those early days.
You’ve kept the forum alive and engaged and you don’t shy away from difficult questions or situations :clap:t3: The Monzo community won’t be the same without you.
Wishing you all the best for all your future plans and sending you lots of love :heart:

12 Likes

It’s so cool that you went from a night customer service noob to having your own Techcrunch article in 1000 days. That is what you call IMPACT! :muscle:

9 Likes

I have some (perpetually) in work code changes much longer standing than that…

1 Like

My best wishes to you Simon in your new venture. Messaging apps is a really crowded space with plenty of established competition, but then you could say the same about banking

Compared to a Mondo Alpha I am a relative newcomer to the Monzo sphere, up in the 900,000s, but I find it incredible that on attending Investival last year I could identify by name a dozen or so of the Monzonauts there (and @Dunsford!) which I could not say about any other company I have dealings with. Loved your gold shoes that day

2 Likes

Good Luck Simon

1 Like

Hey,

Shame you’re going for sure, sphere are lucky to have you.

:wave:

2 Likes

Thank you Simon, for all the support you have brought to people here in the community and myself. I hope your forum posts about the latest tech news and games (including Shenmue!) will continue outside the company. Good luck on your new adventure!

3 Likes

Simon, you’ll definitely be missed! Not only by all the active community members, but also by lots of readers who mostly stay silent. I’ve seldom seen anyone with a more positive impact in an online community: polite, clear communication and a positive energy that a reader can’t help but feel in every message. I’m a huge supporter of Monzo but can’t make an account yet (as I’m Belgian), your (and the team’s) updates made it very easy to follow along with the development of Monzo. One downside: this doesn’t really help to calmly wait for Monzo to come to Europe.

Wishing you all the best!

8 Likes

22 Likes

Good Luck @simonb, and all the best in what sounds like exciting times for you both professionally and personally :slight_smile:

1 Like
15 Likes

“Society Be Apart” is very contemporary!

1 Like

Simon, you will be sorely missed, and the impact you’ve had on this community cannot be overstated. The time and effort you’ve spent to ensure this is a constructive, friendly community, and the enthusiasm and insights you’ve brought, are what have kept the Monzo community alive and created the great culture here. Your dedication and belief in the community also increased engagement from other Monzo staff, and you have been behind some of the best content we’ve ever had on the forum – one of my favourite periods was when you were able to organise the Monzo Staff Weekly Q&As.

I’m glad that your skills and dedication have clearly been recognised by Sphere, and look forward to keeping track of what’s going on there, and maybe joining in where I can. All the best for the future, and I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done here over the years.

13 Likes

@simonb
Good luck with your new venture.
Here’s hoping it can be as successful as this forums future.

1 Like

You’re an absolute star :sparkling_heart: - thank you for everything and all the best in your future!

2 Likes

Good luck in your new venture. I haven’t really spent much time on here - just getting on with using Monzo on a daily basis - but I’m really intrigued by this Prince documentary (I’m a big fan too) you’re producing. Please let us know more as and when! Wish you a safe and happy future in your endeavours.
Steve
:heart:

1 Like

@simonb I haven’t posted here in a while and I don’t think we’ve ever spoken directly. All I wanna say is thank you for dropping the most insane amount of knowledge.

Monzo’s lost is truly Sphere’s gain.

Congrats, All the best and thanks again.

1 Like

Good luck with your new endeavours.

1 Like

@simonb forum flair and moderator permissions have gone. It just got real :broken_heart:

10 Likes