If you were given £100,000, what would you do with it?

I would go along to property auctions and try get a “bargin” and buy one there and then with cash. First house, mortgage free and discounted all in one!

Then develop the property and make money?

1 Like

Yeah, or even use it for equity to get a buy to let mortgage on a second house (that depends on if I’d want the stress or have the heart to be a landlord!)

You monzonauts are clearly much wiser than many people…
(lottery winners who blew their fortunes) https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/rags-riches-rags-20-lottery-000000008.html :scream:

Buy my own aeroplane :small_airplane: and save the rest for a deposit!

1 Like

I probably should buy a house instead of all that Ben n Jerry’s. Get a decent one here for £80k

Pretty sure 100,000 won’t buy you an aeroplane. You might be able to get a second hand glider. Made out of paper of course.

1 Like
2 Likes

Alright know it all :roll_eyes: :joy:

3 Likes

I feel like you had that link ready for the ‘‘100K isn’t enough for a plane’’ message. :joy:

1 Like

These people were clearly delusional with how little a couple of million really is. They all just went on benders :scream:

Rule 1 of lottery winning: ALWAYS remain anonymous (where possible) People will come after you for your money.

Rule 2: NEVER tell anyone, even close family members. They will come after your money.

Rule 3: Don’t go on a drug/holiday/car fuelled bender, invest and turn those winning into 10’s of millions. Then you can bender slightly more than usual :joy:

6 Likes

I’d definitely invest in local businesses. Help them to thrive.

2 Likes

Travel the world. I didnt go on holiday for 8 years, only started again last year, and i have a lot of time to make up.

2 Likes

Seeing as I do not own a house, I would have to take a chunk out of that for a deposit. And also, being a 25 year old, I would probably spend some of it on a few luxuries that I wouldn’t need to worry about. However, I would put a huge chunk into some kind of investment.

• Invest - 55K
  • House Deposit - 40k
  • Short-term Spending - 5k

I would pay off all my debt, quit uni and start a business!

I think I would donate most of it to charity since, all things considered, I am doing alright and other people need the money more.

Just kidding, House deposit.

1 Like

Tax free…?

Pay down car loan, replace carpets almost everywhere in the house, renovate kitchen & bathroom, book a trip to see family abroad, and pay down lump sum of my mortgage to reduce interest payments if there’s anything left… :sob:

That’s a big chunk going on investments. What would you invest in?

Buy a modest flat in Prague - rent it out at a fair socially minded rate, covering costs with a small amount coming in from it.

Carry on working (of course) / renting in the UK…

But use said rents to pay for further education / workshops etc to develop skills in programming among other projects / intestests!

And then later on down the line relocate to Czech and flat :smiley:

So do we need to provide our monzo.me link or account numbers for this life-changing sum? :wink:

I’m not sure. But I’d rather have my money working for me, rather than sat in an account, or even just invested in a house. I want some hard-working money!