How should we keep you in the loop with the future of our paid plans?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this thread. I think we can say that we’re broadly in agreement on a few topics:

1. We shouldn’t share things just for the sake of sharing something
  2. It’s ok if our updates don’t come on a regular cadence
  3. You’d like more info on the fundamentals of why we’re exploring paid plans

It’s a tough balance: we don’t want to leave you hanging without an update for ages, but we also don’t want to share things that aren’t valuable to you. Likewise, while plans are still in flux it’s not super valuable for us to share things, as it just creates confusion.

However, I think @Peter_G’s post gives us an indication of a way to go.

We want to be able to share updates about what we’re building. And that’s a separate conversation to why we’re building Paid features. Sure, there’s overlap - especially around the issue of what goes into a paid version of Monzo. But we want to be able to share things without retreading the same ground each time.

So I’d like to create a thread here on the forum answering some of your Frequently Asked Questions. Questions like…

And then also have separate threads where we share the things we’re building, as we build them. We’ll be up front that these are paid features. And the feedback we’ll be looking for will be on those features, not on the idea of ‘Monzo doing paid’.

In the FAQ we’d also explain the things that we can’t or won’t be sharing, and why. (Commercial sensitivity is one such reason, as you’ve noted).

How does that all sound?

13 Likes