Hey Monzo Community!
This is my first post here ! My name is Jordan and I work on lots of different projects at Monzo, but most recently have been focused on exploring business banking.
You may have seen our recent blog post where we announced we’re looking into business current accounts. Over the past few weeks, we’ve been doing a lot of research about what it means to be a freelancer / contractor / sole trader / small business owner in the UK. We want to build on the research that Rich and Rosa worked on a few months ago, so we can design a product that meets your needs. In order to do that, we need your help!
What we want to hear from you
We know that every business is different and has different banking needs. So we want to understand what you’re looking for in a business current account. We’d love to understand a few things:
- What do you do? Are you a sole proprietor, contractor, limited company?
- What are the big pain points in managing your business finances? (think about things like invoices, expenses, payroll, taxes, etc.)
- What tools do you currently use to manage your business finances?
- What do you like / dislike about your current business bank account?
- If you could request one key feature for your business current account, what would it be? Are there any other features you look for in a BCA?
If you don’t feel like threading your responses here, feel free to DM them to me. Or, let us know if you’d be up for a 30 minute phone call sometime in the next month or so - we’d love to hear your thoughts in detail!
Looking forward to hearing from you!