Help us test physical Flex cards 👀

Not sure it’s breaking any terms as nothing says don’t do it.

The terms just say it’s not eligible for those style transactions.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, well done Monzo.
It looks stunning

7 Likes

So we know that the Thames on the front is glow in the dark. But is the little “tail” on the back also glowy? :eyes:

Also the little wraparound is a cute touch but it now bothers me that the rest of the river doesn’t continue on the back when it should

2 Likes

So I just tried my card out using chip and pin at Tesco and the card reader said there was no chip and failed to read the card.
Contactless with the card worked fine but not the chip. It could have been Tesco but I do wonder if it’s a duff card. I will need to try somewhere else to confirm.

1 Like

Just tried it and the back doesn’t glow on mine.

I’d try it again before asking for a replacement.

Contactless works with the chip so it’s not completed dead.

I plan to at a different store. I was just reporting it.

3 Likes

:unamused:

I suppose it would be more expensive to make both slices of “bread” in the card sandwich glow/not glow in all the right places.

2 Likes

It (tail on the back) does glow - but you need to expose it to a lot of natural light first and because it isn’t a large area, it doesn’t seem to glow unless you look carefully.

5 Likes

Weird, I tested it with a UV torch that works perfectly for the front of the card, mine definitely doesn’t glow on the back.

3 Likes

When you said the other day about “charging it” I thought that was a superb wind up, didn’t realise it was true!!

10 Likes

:joy:

I learned this when I got the glow in the dark cover for my dog’s fitness tracker.

It glows even in the daytime when she comes indoors after being outside. The more light it’s been exposed to before going in the dark, the more it glows, and for longer.

I don’t fully understand why or how it works that way. Never researched it. But that seems to be how glow in the dark stuff works.

Edit: and now I know!

3 Likes

Did you guys never have wrist watches with glow-in-the-dark hands? How young are you? :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I wish I still had my Pop Swatch :sob:

6 Likes

I am 33 this year and have many watches with lume, my favourite being my Tudor BB58 Blue. The back of my Flex card still doesn’t glow in the dark though. :joy:

1 Like

Left a UV torch on the back for 20 minutes now and it still doesn’t glow at all while the front glows within seconds. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Can’t wait for these!!! I’ll grab one as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Sharing this here too :pray:

17 Likes

Haven’t used the card at point of sale yet, just online. However, have used it more than I have in the past to use the “pay in full on next payment date” option.

This confirms to me that having to select a plan every time I use the card is a pain.

I’ll keep testing the physical card and will be using it for Chip and PIN and contactless this weekend, and I’ll give feedback.

But in order to use this longer term as my “everyday” card I’d definitely want to be able to set a default of “pay in full” with the option to edit the plan, rather than having to go onto the app to select a plan every time.

11 Likes

Select default plan option coming soon confirmed

9 Likes