Help us improve social payment features 🙏🏼

Possibly less than Joint accounts? Should they get some love first? :grinning:

If I had to choose between the two, I’d certainly pick joint accounts.

I don’t think they work like that at Monzo though. They have dedicated teams to work on certain aspects and this team probably have nothing/very little to do with joint accounts.

1 Like

I think we all know there isn’t a Joint Account team :wink:

9 Likes

Simpsons Laugh

5 Likes

When you click “pay tab” on this screen, it scans your face and sends cash - it doesn’t confirm the amount, and it doesn’t offer any warnings or “are you sure?” screens. I sent about £200 to someone by accident because of this.

7 Likes

Very poor UX.

7 Likes

Yep. Definitely need a confirm screen - preferably with an explainer of the maths behind the split (I’ve had friends get the calculator out before which kinda defeats the purpose).

6 Likes

I’m also not clear whether this bug was ever fixed - iOS bug - payment requests

1 Like

I’d love to see Shared Tabs work better with categories and Trends. Currently if I were to add 5 £10 transactions from different categories, my spending would still show £10 in each of those even though I’ve shared those payments and paid less. When the other person in the tab pays me, rather than a £25 payment in the General category, it should reflect what categories I’m actually getting repaid for

2 Likes

I would like to split recurring payments into two categories and those two categories should apply to future occurrences of the recurring transactions

1 Like

I would like to split a transaction and then flex my portion of the transaction

1 Like

For a transaction that is split I feel the portion(s) paid by other parties should not have the same category as the transaction. This introduces complexity to trends by having a large spend and then small credits applied to a category. If this spans across the end of the month, then the trend is distorted.

For example, a transaction for a hotel stay that is 50/50. Only 50% is my true spend that I want to see in a holiday category. The other half would be another category of my choice that is auto applied, for example “loans & splits” that I can exclude from my spend

1 Like

I would like to toggle an option to split a transaction in various ways,

• by $ amount
  • by shares, i.e. 1 share each is 50/50 split
  • by %, i.e. 36%/64%
1 Like

This has been mentioned a bit. I have plus and just use a custom bill splits category to split the part of the transaction that isn’t mine and offset with the payment. Generally works and an ok way to keep track of where you are with people paying you back. A bit manual though so could be better. Also would be good to manually exclude a category (like this one) from trends.

2 Likes

You can do that!

On Trends go down to the bottom to where it says “Excluded From Spending” then hit “Edit” - then you’ll be able to choose categories to exclude from Trends :muscle:

2 Likes

However manual exclusions for a category remain in the budget summary for some reason

Amazing thanks! Did not know that. Now done.

2 Likes

It highly likely won’t as it is pretty clear summary will be retired once trends is a full replacement. After the latest update rolling out, it seems budgeting is the main bit left to do from memory.

1 Like

Shared Tabs have moved. The top tab has disappeared for me and it’s moved down into the Payments list.
Not too sure about this change…

2 Likes

Something to add @Sarah-Bee. As soon who doesn’t really use Bill Splits (I personally have never needed to use them) it’s a little annoying how much space the whole area takes, in that I have to scroll right past it all to get to my favourites.

Would prefer, personally to have favourites at the top, either above or just below the payments area.

1 Like