Halifax shamelessly ripping off Monzo

Not sure if it’s been posted on here alrady, but Tom tweeted this and it couldn’t look any more like they’ve totally ripped off Monzo - even using their BIN number and staff members name in the images :upside_down_face:

35 Likes

EL OH EL

1 Like

I feel like we should start a WIKI of all the advertising fails over the last year or so… Because that’s probably top :rofl:

Nothing can beat the Viola Black farce…

2 Likes

Wow. Just wow. :joy: laziness at its best.

Looks like a cross between Barlcays and Monzo… :thinking:

2 Likes

Beautifully snippy comment from Tom!

1 Like

They looked at Monzo’s Wikipedia page for the image

4 Likes

I used Halifax’s in-app chat today (I was surprised that there was one) and I was so happy. They not only answered my query but I got to avoid calling, waiting in line, going through verification. Wonderful.

I think this is all the fintech’s contribution leading the the industry’s evolution.

5 Likes

Which student doesn’t know that in order to get the best out of wikipedia you look at the sources at first and modify it so it doesn’t look the same :rofl::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Rookie error :joy:

1 Like

Someone in that Twitter conversation has risen a good point.

Where is the proof that this image has come from Halifax? I can’t find anything on their website about this or a page that contains this image.

1 Like

The BIN I believe was originally RBS.

1 Like

https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/8-14-april-2019/halifax-gets-a-new-brand-to-keep-up-with-digital-banks/ here’s your proof!

2 Likes

Design Week aren’t Halifax.

How do you know they’ve not sourced the image from another blog where the editor has mocked up what it could look like on a device?

Edit: I’ve just read the article in full.

So those images have been leaked from the design studio that is working on the rebrand. I can’t see how Halifax are in the wrong here :thinking:

1 Like

But I don’t think Natalie was

3 Likes

Maybe. But if they did, they took the trouble to change the chip, and maybe the expiry date (I cant quite tell).

DesignWeek are a reputable design mag. They go to the brands and get the imagery direct from the source, hense images such as this:

No way design week would piece them together like that IMO.

(source, I have worked at a branding agency that has articles published in DesignWeek)

7 Likes

Sorry, I edited my reply before you posted yours.

It’s not a leak, it’s press coverage. Design agencies get to speak about the work they’re doing. It’s in their interests to publicise client work, especially for big brands. Sometimes it’ll come out before the design launches, sometimes afterwards. Halifax will have seen and signed all of this off, they won’t have sent over random drafts the client never saw.

2 Likes