Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Nice :+1:t3:

There was also a business insider article but paywall :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s the same article essentially.

It’s just so hard to row back from this place

Just added a referral in the wiki :slight_smile:

The Tweet has a nice little GIF.

9 Likes

Has anyone ever had a legit top-up from the night before duplicate itself the next day…? It’s gone out of my account but vanished into thin air on Freetrade’s end. :man_shrugging:

I’m in touch with both Freetrade and Monzo support but it seems like it’s heading down the chargeback route which sounds like a slow moving process.

The original two transactions were made through the Google Pay top up method in Freetrade. All 4 transactions are no longer pending and have settled. The legit transfers have this merchant: freetrade io INTERNET GBR and the duplicates: freetrade io \68 Hanbury Street\INTERNETE1 5JL GBR

The duplicates both came out at exactly 06:01 the next day. Freetrade can see the original top ups but not the unauthorized ones the next day.

So I’ve basically had £500 vanish from my account. :thinking: First time I’ve had to dispute a transaction so I’ll see how it goes!

Annoyingly it’s also pushed me into and over (?!) my overdraft limit which I didn’t think was possible. But Monzo have been lovely and frozen any charges while they look into it. :+1: Freetrade have been pretty great too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:point_up_2: This had been sorted now. It was a problem with their (Freetrade) payment processor/MasterCard. The duplicates were reversed 4 days later. :+1:

With the monzo or Freetrade processor?

Freetrade/MasterCard/Checkout.com

“Our payments provider confirmed this was a duplicate-processing issue with MasterCard. These duplicates have been reversed by MC, and customer accounts were refunded the excess amounts.”

2 Likes

For anyone tracking Freetrade they dropped 250 new shares on the platform yesterday including some real doozies. Worth a rummage if anyone doesn’t already have a Freetrade or Trading212 account…

I do use freetrade and mostly like it. Am increasingly though tempted to move to trade 212. I have read before that people do say that freetrade has a long term vision, is innovative etc but am more and more finding difficult to justify my reasons for staying. I noted that Trade 212 have launched the beta in automated investing which is very cool. They also have a lot more stocks etc not to mention zero fees for ISA. Thoughts??

What is everyone’s thoughts on fractional shares that were just released?

What issues?

I was actually very against it, but then I came round to the idea more. I guess I realised a share is just a meaningless % of a company. So why not just invest £X into a company.

I think automatic reinvesting dividends is one of my favourite parts

2 Likes

FYI Freetrade are running a promotion to celebrate reaching 200,000 users. You get a chance to win a share in Tesla (around $1500) when you refer a friend. Both of you get your normal free share and a chance to win.

To celebrate this amazing milestone, we’re giving away a free share in Tesla to one lucky customer.

The rules are simple - for a chance to win, refer a friend to Freetrade with a free share invite from your app between Wednesday, 15th July and Friday, 31st July .

Remember to use the referral wiki: Referral Wiki: Post/Find Here and not to post links here, thanks.

FAQs and Terms: https://freetrade.io/win-a-free-share-in-tesla

Good luck!

3 Likes
2 Likes

So basically charging £9.99 a month to be able to place limit and stops :crazy_face:

Why not come up with innovative portfolio management tools or something worthy of the fee, and paywalling access to stocks is such a shitty idea.

Its like Monzo making people pay to access the credit report. Lazy ways of trying to make something worth it with minimal effort.

1 Like

Like how they make reference to Plustomers ™ … too lazy to come up with their own nick name :joy: