Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Anyone now if and when the Android app is going to be released? It was originally slated for late 2017…

(Emma (still not the app)) #554

Early next year, definitely by April. The android waiting list app will available by Christmas

4 Likes
(Phil) #555

Got access and made my first trade over the last couple of days. Freetrade is very slick although clearly an MVP for now - no US stocks yet, no marginal stocks, no notifications, etc. Looks promising and excited to see how it develops.

4 Likes
(Bradley) #556

Would be awesome to see some integration/collaboration with Monzo, via a pot for example…

1 Like
(Vladislav Kozub) #557

Something like this? :eyes:

4 Likes
(Kenny Grant) #558

Or like this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone fancy bumping me up pretty please.

3 Likes
(Emma (still not the app)) #560

US stock is getting closer :grin:

9 Likes

This is an insightful podcast. Adam Dodds held his own well at points where he needed to; some good exchanges with Scalable Capital. Covers topics such as democratising investing, community, thoughts on banking integrations, and more:

7 Likes
(Emma (still not the app)) #562

Good news if you’re still waiting (and aren’t android)

7 Likes
(Emma (still not the app)) #563

They’re busy today. Anyone for ISA testing?

6 Likes

Revolut liked :eye: :
https://twitter.com/dosorioalvarez/status/1064552580800499714?s=21

(Emma (still not the app)) #565

Well that’s a load of rubbish. Closed a couple of times and a few issues at the start but always fine for me. And that was at testing stage

4 Likes
(Simon B) #566

I’ve never had any issue with orders being rejected, myself.

7 Likes
(Nick) #567

Am I right in thinking Freetrade has a paid mode he could use for instant trades were that important to him?

TBH, the tagged mention of Revolut at the end makes me think he’s a shill anyway (he may well not be, just saying the optics aren’t good). Definitely a shill, as @Rat_au_van has uncovered. :rage:

6 Likes
(Vladislav Kozub) #568

Yes, with a mere £1 he could have got it instantly.

In fact, this is what you would do as a day trader to avoid the risks of intraday volatility. If he is saving £1 to expose himself to 0 to 5 per cent swings per day, something is definitely wring with his “earning strategy” :joy:

6 Likes
(Emma (still not the app)) #569

The fact he’s saying a product that hasn’t been launched and full details are still unknown is better? :grin:

2 Likes
(Emma (still not the app)) #570

Um. Coincidence?

14 Likes
(Dan) #571

He fits nicely into how I picture Revolut and their culture.

7 Likes
(Nick) #572

If you’re right (and I think you are), then he’s surely fallen foul of FCA guidance on social media and customer communications(FG15/4) where they talk about how employees use social media(Annex 1, Section 3.2).

I’d like to pretend I have an exhaustive knowledge of the topic, but actually I remembered Monzo shared their social media policy recently, so I searched for that and looked for what might apply.

Anyone fancing reporting him/grassing him up? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes