Free Monzo Premium Card

I think you could offer Monzo Premium card and benefits for free, to customers who earn over 70,000 and bank with you, like many other banks with private accounts, they offer these services for free, rather than pay.

3 Likes

What’s in it for Monzo?

5 Likes

So the people who can afford to pay get it for free?

18 Likes

I think Monzo Premium should be £30 if you’re a 40% tax earner.

19 Likes

This :100:

1 Like

Why £70,000 :thinking:

Why not… £112.04?

(My current balance :wink:)

8 Likes

Nice flex on what your salary is :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

I love free things too…I’m getting a strong shoo peasant vibe :eyes:

6 Likes

I thought it was April 1st :rofl:

7 Likes

Make it a % of wealth like speeding fines in Switzerland.

3 Likes

Ooft. :joy:

2 Likes

I can see how you came up with this idea. I’m not sure that would fit with Monzo’s values and vision.

There are plenty of other options of bank accounts where your earnings are considered higher than average.

I think quite a few banks have moved up from £70k to above £100k now though.

If you think premium is of value you pay the monthly fee and if you don’t think it’s of value then don’t pay it. Income can be partly irrelevant in this thought process.

3 Likes

I can see it now: Monzo & Co., bankers to the Queen.

But to be fair, even for high earners or those that have been loyal to their bank for many, many decades and have kept their noses clean are facing much higher percent rates and being charged more for less. My own father now has an overdraft APR which exceeds my 39% Monzo rate, whereas before his used to be something around 19%.

Banks are starting to make everybody pay now - regardless of whatever situation they may be in - or unless you are super rich.

2 Likes

There is nothing premium about any other banks offerings either. You get a different set of sales people on the other end and more spam. That’s it.

The whatever perks they throw at you, one still pays for them in hidden fees, or carry balance.

All premium bank offerings come with fees, usually attached to the shiny thing like credit card, packaged account, or “free avios” one actually buys for more than the going rate.

None of them give a metal card either.

Above is true for HSBC, NatWest, Barclays, Nationwide, Lloyds, Citi, Amex.

1 Like