1 Like

Ah Christ what now

1 Like

Albon stays

Urgh.

3 Likes

I hate the summer break already.

1 Like

I’ve lost so much respect for McLaren with this whole situation, they’ve spent the last few years riding on the success of Drive to Survive and capitalising on it to build up their fan base and then they start to undo all their hard work by the way they’re treating their drivers.

Say what you want about DR’s performance whilst at McLaren, the way they’re handling replacing him with Piastri is a joke. I hope DR can repair any damage done with Alpine when he left and rejoin them

1 Like

As much as I respect Hamilton and think he is indeed the GOAT, it does make feel a bit sad when you realise that he’s responsible for Albon not having secured two podiums already :sob: Not intentional, I know, but still awful for Alex.

Might be wishful thinking. DR could very well be out of a drive for next year. Agree though, not the nicest way to go, especially as more recently his performances have been much closer to Lando.

I guess when you’re paid big cash they expect big performances though :man_shrugging:

:eyes:
This is going to be very messy isn’t it?

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think there was a lot Hamilton could do at Austria, I think Albon could’ve saved that podium if he’d had a bit of patience. That corner was only going to end one way

1 Like

Messy is an understatement i think

1 Like

He also had practically no pre season testing time thanks to their brake issues at Barcelona and catching COVID for the Bahrain test. So he not only has less hours than Lando and had zero little input in the initial development and set up of the car. Although Lando’s side of the garage did share data daily with Danny IIRC.

It’s hard to overcome that sort of deficit, no matter how good you are.

1 Like

A+ trolling from Ocon.

3 Likes

Who’s up early this morning for Japan? Max could win championship today

Good time for a nap now actually.

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Could of stayed in bed for first hour of race, and missed little.

1 Like