Flux at KFC šŸ”

Hi @samantha.flux,

Yes I was thinking this would be the case.

It worked really well, when i clicked the link it automatically picked up my colonelā€™s club account number (if thats what its called) through my linked email account so only took two clicks/taps altogether to setup :white_check_mark:

Unfortunately Im trying to be good so will maybe leave it another week or two before i head back to KFC to retry on your next point.

Great, this is exactly what Iā€™d look for so good to hear its been thought about.

All in all looks pretty polished to meā€¦ looking forward to the final release on both Monzo and Starling. :clap:

If theres any more newer partnerships youd like beta tested let me know, id be happy to help :eyes:

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile: Weā€™ll definitely let you know if we need any other beta testing done!

1 Like

I went through the KFC drive-thru and no flux receipt is attached to the transaction :pensive:

Does this mean that the next transaction I make at KFC I still need to scan my colonel club separately, or would it retroactively give me stamps after linking?

Edit: also, when did colonelā€™s club linking go live out of interest? Did I miss an announcement or?

Now that would be cool :open_mouth:

Hey Alex :slight_smile: Weā€™re not officially live yet, which is why youā€™d probably not heard anything. At the moment weā€™re in beta on Starling, with the date for Monzo tbc. Once weā€™re ready to go, weā€™ll definitely shout about it!

If you do have a Starling account, you should be prompted to link your card at the bottom of your receipt like in Nathanā€™s screenshot above. Once thatā€™s done, the next transaction you make at KFC you wonā€™t need to scan your club card - the stamps will automatically accumulate into your Colonelā€™s Club account. Youā€™ll be able to see the stamps you earned at the bottom of the receipt, but to see your cumulative total youā€™ll need to check the KFC app as you normally would.

Hope that helps!
Sam

1 Like

Oh no! That sucks - it shouldā€™ve worked if it was done at a till. We had a big wobble with KFC during the week of the 1st of July when we stopped receiving data from them :cry: The last update I had from our devs was that KFC are working on retrieving the lost data and then itā€™ll be backfilled. We actually have an incident on our statuspage tracking updates for that one, so if it was during that week itā€™s likely to have been caught by that.

If it was made outside that date range though, then Iā€™m going to need to investigate a little before I can say whatā€™s happened :nerd_face: If you send me over a screenshot to help@tryflux.com, Iā€™ll do some digging and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Sam

Oh lol, sorry! I really shouldā€™ve clocked that that wasnā€™t the monzo app :persevere:

Sounds good! Will look out for a proper announcement

1 Like

Hi Sam, thanks for the response.
Iā€™ve just checked again today to take a screenshot and the information is now there. Is there a backlog in processing? The original order was the 14th.

Just used KFC for first time and have not received a receipt or message.
I used tmy card at the till too.
Flux is showing under manage apps and devices and I have previously received a receipt when I used my card at EAT.

Better go back and order some more just to double check it isnā€™t working :wink:

2 Likes

Did you use a kiosk or an actual till?

As mentioned a few posts up the selfserve kiosks will not provide reciepts atm

Morning :slight_smile: As far as I know there werenā€™t any issues on the 14th. Sometimes KFC receipts can take a little longer to generate than other retailers (purely because the data is a little slower in coming through), so it may just be a case of it coming through later than usual.

With KFC, my rule of thumb generally is that if itā€™s not there within an hour, Iā€™ll assume thereā€™s probably an issue. On the down low, weā€™re working on something thatā€™ll help show you whether the receipt data is still pending, or whether thereā€™s an error :speak_no_evil:So hopefully this will be a bit clearer in the future and thereā€™ll be a bit less guesswork needed!

3 Likes

Hey Daz :wave: If it was a till transaction then it shouldā€™ve worked for you - best thing to do is shoot me over a screenshot to help@tryflux.com and Iā€™ll take a look for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @samantha.flux

Just wondering something hereā€¦ all this is theoretical.

If I made a kfc transaction with starling and then linked my colonels card to it, if I then spend with monzo would I still need to scan my card to get the stamps?

Hi! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Iā€™ve been out of the office the past few days :desert_island: :sunglasses:

At the moment separate bank accounts arenā€™t linked to a main Flux account, so youā€™d have to go through the loyalty linking process for both your Starling and Monzo accounts if you wanted to use them both interchangeably. But these can be linked to the same Colonelā€™s Club card, so if you spent on either the stamps would accrue to your account :smile:

It may evolve in the future where weā€™ll be able to automatically detect that itā€™s the same Flux user whoā€™s using their Monzo and Starling card, so youā€™d only need to link Flux once. But weā€™re not quite at that point yet!

3 Likes

Hi @samantha.flux

I tried using a self serve kiosk on the 23rd just to try and give my feedback on that side of things :slight_smile:

I do know there is currently an issue with the self serve kiosks and to not expect a flux receipt to be shown for this transaction but was curious to see the ā€œreceipt pendingā€ turn to ā€œerrorā€ flow so thought id test it out.

I think you said in the other thread this should happen after 3 days? Not looking for my personal transaction to be fixed or anything more just feeding back that there is an issue there in the switching from pending to error being shown.

As always keep up the good work!

Hey Nathan :wave:

Iā€™ve been chatting with our engineer whoā€™s been working on the pending error states. There seems to be a bit of a bug in the system at the moment with the error turning from pending to ā€˜errorā€™ :thinking: Unfortunately weā€™ve had quite a bit of trouble getting data consistently from KFC the past week as well due to some trouble on their end, so weā€™ve seen it crop up a couple of times recently.

Itā€™s on the radar to be fixed, but thereā€™s some other stuff thatā€™s got priority at the moment so for now weā€™re just keeping an eye on it to see how frequently itā€™s happening :eyes: Cheers for being patient on this - hopefully itā€™ll be running like clockwork soon.

Have a fab weekend!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just had an email to connect my colonel club card by clicking a button.

How do I know it has connected my existing account and not created me a new one? Is there anywhere I can check or manage this connection?

Going off my own Starling Beta experience @ordog there is no way to know only from going and doing another transaction and seeing it as listed in the receipt details :slight_smile:

Also is this email in regards to Monzo or Starling?
If monzo thats interesting :eyes: