Finalist for British Bank Awards

It’s great to see that Monzo have been selected as a finalist for Best Current Account Provider at the British Bank Awards.

Voting is still open, so fellow Monzo users, why don’t we put a few votes in to see if we can get them crowned winner!

Link below, voting closes on Sunday (18 April).

Also, if there are any staff seeing this, it would be great to see some posts on social media to drum up some votes (and highlight how well we’ve done already)!

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing, and voting!

We are doing some posts for this, but you might not see them. We’re being tactical with our targeting.

For these kind of things it’s less about the sheer quantity of votes and more about quality.

We’ve also emailed folks :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Got mine yesterday and voted :muscle:

6 Likes

Same :muscle: Think I used same text as used in voting the last several years too.

2 Likes

How will I know whether my vote is high quality?

5 Likes

Well if you have to ask…

4 Likes

Which is why awards such as this mean eff all.

5 Likes

If they emailed most of us on the forum, there’s a risk we’d vote for Monzo’s competitors out of anger. Which is why they won’t be emailing me.

(Joking, love you Monzo :heart:)

1 Like

voting is literally about quantity. You need more votes than the other guys

1 Like

This award is like Aldi being voted Supermarket of the Year. The public don’t give a flying sausage 🤷🏼

1 Like

sadly nether do Aldi… I’d buy flying sausages :laughing:

1 Like

What’s wrong with Aldi🥺

1 Like

But it’s not actually a popular vote. Otherwise it’d be a competition of who can spend the most canvassing votes.

The mechanism is a bit opaque, but as I understand it the popular vote helps up to a certain point, then it’s about the mix of ratings. That’s what I mean by “quality”.

EDIT: Since I didn’t do a great job of explaining what I mean. Here’s what you get when you go to vote:

Before anyone tries to report me to the awards people/police/HMRC/MI5, this is just an example. I didn’t actually vote for us myself :roll_eyes:

So you’re not actually voting for Monzo per se. You’re giving us a rating. And these go towards deciding the winners.

That all I mean by quality. And hopefully it makes it a bit clearer why we might strategically target our comms for it.

3 Likes

I know what you mean! And in years past we’ve not really bothered too much about it.

But there is genuine value in being able to refer to yourself as the best British bank, for marketing purposes.

4 Likes

Nothing - they were voted the best supermarket two years running. It said so on a poster in my local Aldi.

2 Likes

Voted for Monzo :partying_face:

1 Like

BTW substitute any of the following for Aldi which was used as an example:-
Asda, M&S, Co-op, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Lidl et al

Which is what you seem to be doing – emailing people most likely to give you a glowing review and asking them to vote?

1 Like

Would explain why I didn’t get one after my review of them last year!

I’ve had zilch prompting from Monzo to vote this time. Which is a good thing. Pushing these things rubs me the wrong way.

2 Likes