Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

Maybe! I’ll go check last month …

Edit: Checked and there’s nothing of a similar value last month. The suspense continues!

Hey, the best way to check this is the committed spending section. That’s where all your upcoming stuff is.

We are making a change so that we actually say what it’s coming up. The reason why we excluded the name is that sometimes there is more than one payment, so kinda difficult to handle all those names.

ps: if you reach out to support, we can check if it’s a bug.

1 Like

I work for a software company who are always on the lookout for the ‘80/20’ solution to a problem. I thought the addition of all the different financial services / apps that don’t currently support Emma to the ‘Add an Account’ section - which then just redirects to a tweet to the company - was very clever. Can you reveal if it gained much traction, does it look like companies like Freetrade or Moneybox etc. are going to do the work to integrate with Emma?

1 Like

Hey @peos!

Well, it solved the first issue: customer support. The majority of the queries we get are ‘when are you integrating x/y/z?’.

In terms of fintechs, we have talked with all of them, so if they are not in Emma, it’s because they don’t have time/resources or they simply can’t care less.

ps: building an API takes less than a week…

1 Like

Of course yeah your support must have been inundated with the same questions, yeah great idea. Ah fair enough, I’m sure you know what it’s like yourself in any of these companies, a million different ideas how to improve and only 24 hours a day. :nerd_face:

Do you think Emma will continue to be a passive budgeting service that acts as an aggregate to other financial services like, savings and investments that the user holds or do you have plans to enact a more proactive approach to it - “You don’t have this investing app or service, but you should” kind of thing?

The way we see it is a fitness app for money.

Aggregation for us is just one of the features, as long as the main current account + credit card are both connected, Emma is good to go.

Referring products is nice, but building them is much more interesting to be honest; so we’ll see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Chip is fully available starting from today.

We had a first chat in August, it took sometime. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It was a bug :slight_smile: All resolved now thank you!

1 Like

Some of you might be interested in this: https://community.emma-app.com/. We should be able to go live end of next week, but would be great a :raised_back_of_hand: or two. :wink:

3 Likes

Joined but the Discourse app keeps looping me back on the “Auhorize” screen. I think I’ve seen this on another Discourse, no idea how to fix it though :upside_down_face:

No idea. :ok_man:

Thanks :+1: I tried “Authorize” again and it has sorted itself out. All’s well that ends well :blush:

2 Likes

Awesome, make sure to: https://community.emma-app.com/t/introduce-yourself/35/5 :wink:

Too. Many. Fintech. Forums!!

6 Likes

:100:
I’m interested in Emma, but there is no way I’m making another forum account.

1 Like

@rolanddeschain Looks like it’s another Discourse forum? Easy to sign up and view them all in the DiscourseHub app.

2 Likes

Yeah, we are using Discourse and should have done it ages ago. :slight_smile:

Something I found interesting that was mentioned recently on Emma’s community is that 40% of Emma users have only one bank connected to it. This was a bit surprising to me as I use it as an aggregation app with tracking/budgeting features rather than an app which augments a single bank connection. It was also mentioned that some of these single-bank connections are to Monzo, even though unlike traditional banks Monzo has spending analytics and budgeting features built in.

Whilst I appreciate asking here is going to lead to biased results relative to Emma’s overall user base, I thought it would be interesting to ask the following:

If you are an Emma user, do you

• Have only Monzo connected
  • Have something other than Monzo connected as a sole connection
  • Have more than one bank/financial institution connected

0 voters

I do wonder what the figure is for Emma Pro.

Apps like this always run the risk that signups are just trying out the service or using it for a limited purpose.

Some of that 40% is probably not using the app much. Though maybe I’m wrong…

1 Like

You are wrong. lol