Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

DM me your emma email or phone number. We are starting tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amex has made me reset my password twice in two days, no explanation, no weird activity.

Only access I’ve done is via Emma, so wondering if Amex doesn’t like the third party access and or the frequency of access or something.

Anyone else have this?

Also, has the share bank numbers feature been removed?

Yes, I’ve had exactly the same experience. I usually access my Amex account through the app using FaceID, so I know there was no way that I got my password wrong multiple times - but then the app stopped letting me in and when I tried on the website, I was told I had to reset my password.

Only happened once so far but did wonder if Emma had something to do with it.

1 Like

I’ve given up on the Virgin, Tesco and Barclaycard connections already, as they were just too much hassle to maintain.

It would be a shame if Amex has gone the same way.

I had trouble logging into the Amex app a few days ago and got locked out. Have only just got round to setting up a new password. I’ve been using it with Emma for several months with no issue, so I wouldn’t have thought it was Emma-related. Perhaps a more general issue with Amex?

Do not try to reconnect Amex, we are fully down. Please. :slight_smile:

If you do, it won’t work and it will keep blocking. We are talking directly with them via TrueLayer.

1 Like

The only reason I think it could be Emma is because both times I’ve been locked out in Emma, not the Amex app or Website

Ah OK!

They made a change on their side which started locking people out, so we have stopped updating everything.

2 Likes

This might be awkward if Monzo is planning on using TrueLayer to show Amex balances.

Maybe after the Curve debacle, Amex just hates fintech? :thinking:

(But seriously, I hope not. If the Monzo integration worked well I might have signed up for an Amex. They’ll have factored that into their consideration though, I suppose…).

We have migrated our AMEX connection to Saltedge.

You can all reconnect now. We are good to go.

2 Likes

We can check this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@edo1493 Any plans to add Bank of Ireland? Sorry if you’ve answered that already but couldn’t find it.

Saltedge is working on this, so yeah, we can do it.

1 Like

Thanks that’s just won over a new user :tada:

1 Like

Our internal trello…

5 Likes

Trust me, you are. :heart_eyes:

Weird thing happened to me today, Emma notified me of an upcoming transaction in an HSBC account. I’m not expecting it so I logged in to the HSBC account to see what’s up and nothing pending is showing there! Is Emma psychic?!

Maybe it though a one off payment is a subscription it recurring , because of the type of merchant.

1 Like