Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

What about bank of Scotland?

@anon72173902 We are adding more banks in Q1, so we hope to cover everything asap including challenger banks.

@cgkr: At the moment, it’s not shown; but if you login through Halifax, you can still use the app. Both banks share the same infrastructure.

ps: I am edoardo@emma-app.com, if you want to know more.

2 Likes

So someone cracking TrueLayer will just need to stay there a bit longer and wait for incoming connections to harvest tokens to decrypt the stolen credentials later on. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi, this is Luca CTO@TrueLayer. You are right: an attacker could potentially compromise our servers and harvest some in transit access tokens and use them to access our API. Decrypting credentials would be much harder because also our data store would need to be compromised. We take security very seriously and we believe our model reduces the attack surface substantially and it is the best available today. Happy to answer any question if you want to know more :wink:

6 Likes

Hi Luca,

Am I correct to understand that you are scrapping e-banking websites and then returning the information acquired through an API to your client applications?

1 Like

We use different channels to access data preferring APIs (public or private). We fallback to screen scraping when it is the only option available. We will fully adopt OpenBanking APIs in 2018 as soon as the banks will be ready.

2 Likes

Will join, as will my partner, when you have either Monzo or Starling. Given Starling has API shouldn’t be too hard to get one of my two options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, we already have that on the roadmap and Monzo should release a nice stable API in 2018. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Emma discussion should have been moved to a new thread imo.

Don’t think weather forecast is going to attact anyone but would be good to have things like;

• Emma how much I saved last month in Holiday Pot
  • Remind me to stop spending more than £50 tonight at ____ pub
  • How many direct debits are still to paid thins month
1 Like

Agreed… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can just say one thing off topic… Well done @Feathers you been doing some brilliant admin work here. I don’t see this community everyday but browsing today I saw your work and just want to say thank you for keeping it clean and tidy for all of us.

8 Likes

Yes, you are right. I just saw we got mentioned and started answering some questions. Apologies. :slight_smile:

We already have the features you listed! We are working on Pots. :slight_smile:

It seems a great shame that a lot of these fintech solutions and apps are compatible only with legacy banks, and Monzo is not at the forefront of it.

I understand why, but it seems like this is something Monzo should be all over.

2 Likes

lots to do + limited resources = prioritisation

Like I said, I understand. But this is Monzo through and through - it’s their market completely.

What I would like to see is something that really can view everything at once

• Bank accounts
  • Pensions
  • ISAs
  • Savings bonds
  • Etc etc

As far as I know this doesn’t exist yet?

3 Likes

We’ll integrate Monzo as soon as they release a stable API. The current one doesn’t provide any guarantee. :grin:

Emma needs to become an AI that is able to integrate and understand everything, so we are working to extend the products we can connect to.

Another crazy idea we had was to connect to the Student loan company to check our student debt, but it’s not nice. :joy:

2 Likes

It would actually be good to have that too! My problem at the moment is that there are various services which can look at your bank accounts, and others which can look at your pensions, but there is nothing that can give you a total overview of all of your finances.

I’m rather hoping Monzo fills that hole for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes