Embossed or not

Also, thermal printed gives us a much wider character set (as you don’t need a physical model for each character). As a result, you can have accents and special characters on your name, which isn’t possible with embossed cards.

Another hidden perk of Monzo Plus we should advertise :eyes:

6 Likes

Fun fact, a few months ago we had someone who legally changed their name to a famous celebrity’s child’s name (I will not attempt to pronounce it) and wanted to have it printed on a card.

Not enclosing the celebrity’s name, but you can probably guess

10 Likes

That Musk be an unusual request…… :eyes:

8 Likes

Was it short or Elon-gated?

5 Likes

Did you manage to do it in the end?

What about emoji?!

Yes. We printed it. Including the weird Latin Æ

5 Likes

Unfortunately our card manufacturers don’t support that. What a shame - it would have been revolutionary

5 Likes

Maybe the next time you put out for tender :thinking:

1 Like

Do you support emoji in email addresses by chance?

1 Like

You ok there?

4 Likes

Not after grammar like that, no. Are you sure you didn’t invent the word frauded? :wink::laughing:

2 Likes

Is there plans to have the numbers on the back of the hot coral card. It’s cleaner and makes my wallets not suffer from having the card Number wear into it :sweat_smile: @arthur-ceccotti

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - May 2021

No more than saying “Monzo have a customer named Neil / Bob / James / Tim / Alex” would, I expect. It’s non-specific and doesn’t identify any single person.

Saying “Celebrity child Pilot Inspektor Lee has a Monzo account” would be revealing customer details, as then a single person is being identified. Or in this case, saying “Monzo customer Neil 0 changed their name to a famous celebrity child’s name (I will not attempt to pronounce it)” would be identifying. But that line hasn’t been crossed at all.

2 Likes

I’ve jumped in to remove some Off Topic content in here - let’s keep things civil.

Everyone should be pretty up to date with the Code of Conduct but I’ve linked it just for clarity :+1:

1 Like

They take up no room in your wallet if you use your phone as a card :wink:

1 Like

Any updates on this?

1 Like

Not had a reply but it’s something that would be very welcoming for us all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.