Embossed or not

Hi guys, who has recently had a new card?

I’m wondering if the new cards that are sent are still embossed details or are they nice non-embossed cards?

1 Like

I believe the coral cards are still embossed. Plus and premium cards are not.

6 Likes

Can confirm. My joint card was replaced recently. Was embossed

2 Likes

For being at the cutting edge of all things banking, it’s the only card I have that is still embossed. :confused:

2 Likes

I don’t think a card being embossed really defines whether it is cutting edge or not.

Plenty of old cards were in-embossed for various reasons.

6 Likes

All of my bank cards and credit cards are embossed. I wish they weren’t, I could fit another couple of cards in my card wallet is they were all flat :cry:

2 Likes

Also depends if people define unembossed as cutting edge.

The unembossed Halifax EasyCash Visa Electron card I held until 2018 was clearly not at the cutting edge of banking.

3 Likes

Ha I feel all the original joint account cards are doing a round of renewals. I was pestered about mine a month or so ago and lo and behold my partner had to do hers a couple of weeks later! Think we signed up basically the first day they were allowed.
The new card was obviously embossed as said.

FYI - the technical term for “not embossed” is “thermal printed”

9 Likes

Also, thermal printed gives us a much wider character set (as you don’t need a physical model for each character). As a result, you can have accents and special characters on your name, which isn’t possible with embossed cards.

Another hidden perk of Monzo Plus we should advertise :eyes:

6 Likes

Fun fact, a few months ago we had someone who legally changed their name to a famous celebrity’s child’s name (I will not attempt to pronounce it) and wanted to have it printed on a card.

Not enclosing the celebrity’s name, but you can probably guess

10 Likes

That Musk be an unusual request…… :eyes:

8 Likes

Was it short or Elon-gated?

5 Likes

Did you manage to do it in the end?

What about emoji?!

Yes. We printed it. Including the weird Latin Æ

5 Likes

Unfortunately our card manufacturers don’t support that. What a shame - it would have been revolutionary

5 Likes

Maybe the next time you put out for tender :thinking:

1 Like

Do you support emoji in email addresses by chance?

1 Like

You ok there?

4 Likes