Edison Mail comes to macOS šŸ“Ø

Oh right I get you, probably wishful thinking there :joy:

It doesnā€™t import account details.
Doesnā€™t sync them if you are already using Edison on iOS
Andā€¦ alas, it doesnā€™t have Snooze on the MacOS version and doesnā€™t seem to know anything about any emails you have Snoozed on the iOS version.

So, completely useless for how I use email.

Back to Spark I go.

Itā€™s been a while since I set up my Spark but Iā€™m pretty sure they donā€™t sync accounts between devices either did they? I seem to remember having to set them up on every device? I could be wrong?

Iā€™m going to continue using it, I prefer it to spark from the off. If/when they add the snooze do you want me to let you know? Iā€™m sure theyā€™re probably aiming for parity across devices.

1 Like

I think they do.

But until Edison sync mailbox contents, which would require them to add Snooze to the MacOS version, itā€™s a very disjointed approach. Iā€™ll keep an eye on it though, as I already prefer the design of the iOS app.

I submitted feedback on the beta the other day saying itā€™s missing snooze and that accounts and features like snooze should sync across devices.

They replied this morning and said theyā€™re working on all of that at the moment. Theyā€™ll update some more once itā€™s fully fleshed out.

Hope that gives you some hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried Outlook? I think itā€™s an excellent alternative. Iā€™ve been using that as my main email app for quite a while now.

Iā€™ll do the same!

At risk of diverting the thread, do you know of a good free e-mail client? I have a W10 laptop but donā€™t have Office 365. R-

On my Mac Iā€™ve been using Spark. Apple Mail is really good but Iā€™ve got a 2013 Mac and itā€™s not the performer on such an old machine. Iā€™m a bit uncertain about these free third party mail services though as they store your mail on their server.

On Windows I use the built in Mail app, itā€™s lightning fast and supports Exchange fully which is what I use for work plus every other mail service is supported. Itā€™s lightning fast and Iā€™ve never had an issue. Plus as itā€™s a ā€˜Windows Storeā€™ app it runs in the background using barely any resources but still supports Push email. I think Microsoft have really come a long way under their new leadership.

I used to be a big gmail user but I moved over to Outlook.com and havenā€™t looked back.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Spark across iOS and MacOS for the past couple of years (POST their ā€˜privacyā€™ issues in case you are concerned).

I tend to prefer an email client that will sync across devices, and it must must MUST have a ā€˜customā€™ Snooze option as Iā€™m too used that. I think Outlook had that in their iOS app but it wasnā€™t quite as flexible as I need?

I guess itā€™s the same for most of the ā€˜standard functionalityā€™ things, so many requirements that will differ mean my fav email client wonā€™t be right for others.

How did you manage that? :eyes::joy:

I have and just couldnā€™t get into it. I use Nine for my outlook email through work. Thanks for the advice though!

@gmclean have you seen this?

Newton/Cloudmagic Lives Again(ā€¦Again). This time it looks good, the two guys that bought it have had it a week and are shipping bug fixes already. Iā€™m tempted

1 Like

Maybe, will keep an eye on it. Spark is pretty embedded with me now and from memory Newton didnā€™t have the same level of customisation of the Snooze feature (my main requirement).

1 Like

So, email geeks, has anyone had an HEY invite yet? From the makers of Basecamp. The feature-set looks pretty good.

I just got an invite about an hour ago!

Giving it a bit of a whirl over the next few days, and will see.

Not sure if itā€™s a subscription Iā€™d pay $99 for, though I currently use GSuite for my primary email and pay about Ā£4 a month for that.

Will come back with thoughts once Iā€™ve given it a whirl

I have been on the trial for about 24 hours now. Actually really liking it. Because it is an entire service instead of software, everything can be done in a different way.

1 Like

Yep - got my account earlier today. Too early to say whether Iā€™ll pay. But the concept is super interesting for sure.

1 Like

The whole Apple ordeal has been a fantastic marketing platform for them. A platform I never would have even considered is something Iā€™m now playing with. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s something Iā€™ll pay for, but the concept is quite interesting indeed.

1 Like

I agree, it looks really interesting and at half that price Iā€™d probably jump at it, but not quite sure yet - 14 days not really long enough to evaluate either

1 Like