Edison Mail comes to macOS šŸ“Ø

Anyone know of an email app that has read receipts?

Does Edison have it?

Spark used to, but stopped pretty soon after being introduced.

I was using airmail but refuse to use it any more.

Spike has read receipts.

3 Likes

Newton does but itā€™s paid for :open_mouth: if like me you donā€™t want to pay for me email LOL!

1 Like

Not that I can see no. Thankfully not a deal breaker for me, as itā€™s a very lovely, minimal email app. Iā€™m a convert already! (but only because a Mac version is coming, I know thatā€™s what put me off in the past).

No and i doubt they will add them as one of their policies is to block them. Theyā€™re very much a ā€œPrivacy Firstā€ company and Read receipts are completely opposite to that if you know how they work in email.

1 Like

By the way, I managed to snag myself an invite to Superhuman. Apparently they arenā€™t easy to come by. And the service does look very good.

But I didnā€™t realise that it costs $30 a month. Soā€¦ nah :joy:

1 Like

I did exactly the same things, refused at the price, I at least want to try the product first

I got an invite to it a while back but it was only for gmail at the timeā€¦ Has this changed?

Iā€™m waiting on MailPilot 3 to get released https://mailpilothq.com/3/

$30 a month for email? Utterly bonkers. Immediately makes me presume they are ā€˜tech brosā€™ chasing venture capitalist money (that and the name, ugh). No thanks!

Also, how bad is peoples approach to email that it still needs to be solved? Iā€™ve been inbox zero for about 3 years, itā€™s surprisingly maintainable once you crack it!

Looks like Edison on iOS also just had a significant update. It now has an ā€œAssistantā€ button in the top right, which gives you a snapshot of your upcoming bills, receipts, travel plans, and has a built in ā€œSubscription Reviewā€ service to easily unsubscribe from newsletters. Iā€™ve been using Cleanfox on Android to do the same thing, so itā€™s cool to see it built in to another service.

1 Like

Ohh the Assistant stuff is new? I only (re)installed it this morning, so I mustā€™ve tried it in the past. For me (as Iā€™m in the Apple ecosystem) I tend to veer towards apps that have MacOS variants as well, so hopefully Edison Mac is available soon cos the iOS app is lovely!

1 Like

Apparently if you use/share a code whilst signing up to the waiting list, you can skip the queue

https://mail.edison.tech/redeem?type=mac&code=BC6fGLBHiN If somebody wants to try mine, fingers crossed we get access now

Canā€™t add to the to the referrals post

Just tried, told ā€˜user already in queueā€™ā€¦

oh damn, i tried by using some different emails i have to enrol multiple times with the same code. Seemed to work but no download yet

Hereā€™s mine: https://mail.edison.tech/redeem?type=mac&code=da5yG0gTPQ

I did another of my emails for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gmclean I just got my invite to download the app on Mac! I wonā€™t have chance to do it till the morning but Iā€™ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Signed up :wink: no idea if it has an import function :joy: using outlook on Mac and default mail on iOS

As long as your mail is configured using imap instead of pop you should be able to get your old mail fine :slight_smile:

More of import email account details than emails :wink: