Disputes and chargebacks

The answer to this is possibly in the quote of Tom’s I gave above. :monzo: is not trying to be any other UK bank, the idea is to provide the features that customers value, without necessarily providing the traditional banking products. Surely it makes sense that having your balance protected like this during a dispute is a useful ‘feature’? Whether it’s a reasonable one for Monzo to offer or not is up to them.

1 Like

Why? To be a next generation bank, to be the first, to actually offer features that I want as a customer. To make all other banks look like they’re stuck in the dark ages. Etc etc

How it’s costed and implemented that’s a different conversation, there are a million different possibilities for that. I’m merely telling you what I want / expect, never said it was easy :innocent:

@jsmith300 the card company have already refunded me twice, because twice PayPal have tied to take the money against my wishes.

I’ve told them I’m waiting for PayPal to resolve the dispute. Until it’s resolved I don’t approve them taking the money. I don’t know the laws - but they were happy to help.

1 Like

So, if you need to get a refund from Monzo via Chargeback will you be charged?
I used Monzo recently when I withdrew money from an ATM machine but the ATM didn’t recognise Monzo as a card provider (Cashzone). Also, I didn’t have both recipts. They told me that I need to wait up to 8 weeks to get a refund… Is there a chance I could be charged for Chargeback as they fight for his refund? Other pre paid providers charge £10 for that. Cheers

This post :arrow_down: from Francesco gives a pretty comprehensive overview of chargebacks. It doesn’t mention Monzo charging a fee to process them. But whether or not they’re an appropriate solution for your issue is less clear. I’d recommend asking the support team about this directly, via the in-app chat or by sending a DM on Twitter.

Hi @francesco, sorry for resuming this old thread. I’m considering disputing a transaction I made with Monzo abroad (payment in Euros and whole, useless, conversation with the merchant in Italian).
Can I still proceed with the dispute despite this? Thank you so much!

You’re very unlikely to get a reply.

You’ll need to do it within the transaction in the app.

1 Like

Hello @ari_pea, welcome :smiley:

Yes, you can dispute a transaction you made to a merchant overseas :+1:

You should follow the process by tapping on the transaction you need to dispute, scroll down until you see “Something is wrong?” and tap on it, then follow the procedure that is closest to your case.

If you are directed to the chat at any point, please write to us in English, but you can still upload documents in Italian if required.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Great! Perfect. Thank you so much

1 Like

It’s a new year miracle! :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

That’s the second time I’ve said it and twice the staff member in question has replied years apart :rofl:

3 Likes

:joy: Happy 2021 everyone :tada:

3 Likes

Thought you’d left last august?

2 Likes

For those who don’t want to go back to the start of this thread, OP’s complaint goes back to them misunderstanding Monzo and thinking the card was a credit card because it was a MasterCard. :man_shrugging:

It hardly seems worth starting this topic up again after all this time, maybe @AlanDoe will close it?

9 Likes

And they came back 4 years later with that comment :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The whole thread is a car crash!

425 qudi was padi frmo Monoz for the ‘misinterpretatino of whta a credti cadr is’, so quiet the outcoem theer for the usre.

Almost Worzelese-zel.

1 Like