Disney Plus - General Discussion

I watched this one, but can’t recall whether I enjoyed it.

The fact my memory of it is so vague suggests it never blew my mind.

And it was only two months ago :thinking:

3 Likes

Saw it in the cinema. Very average. Amsterdam was better.

Absolutely love it too. Surprisingly, I haven’t enjoyed any of his others nearly as much. Although I didn’t realise Isle of Dogs was now available so will give it a try.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying the national treasure tv show. Judging by the reception online though, I’m probably the only one.

2 Likes

I like the National Treasure series too so far. Never recognised Catherine Zeta Jones though :man_facepalming::rofl:

1 Like

Just watched “See how they run” and yeah I would agree it’s incredibly average.

It’s a shame as it had potential with those actors but it was all so forced and nothing gripping to hold it.

The comical lines weren’t delivered that well either making it a bit awkward. The story was a bit half-assed.

When you stack it next to Glass Onion that I’ve recently seen I would give it a 3/10.

2 Likes

Heard nothing but good things about this. Definitely watching this after finishing Luke Cage series 1.

3 Likes

Happy cake day!

2 Likes

Ew.

TL;DR: the current Disney plus we pay for is becoming a new premium tier for £10.99. A new standard tier for the same price as now will have fewer concurrent streams and lower quality, and an £4.99 version the same as standard but with ads.

Copying Netflix’s business model essentially.

1 Like

It’s nearly doubled in price in less than three years.

It was a no brainer at £6 a month but it’s getting to the point where “you” have to start assessing the value and wondering how much you use it.

4 Likes

People are gonna have to start contributing to my plan if they expect me to keep it, or get their own. I don’t watch it enough to justify £10.99 per month, and the £7.99 plan would be fine for just me.

It’s still priced better than Netflix, and has better content than Netflix for me.

If they clamp down on passwords too though, or try to redefine what a family or a household is, I’ll be cancelling.

2 Likes

We pretty much only watch it for Marvel stuff.

He wouldn’t wait for a full series to be released to have the joy of paying 1 month only.

Lloyds probs just got very popular at £3pm via Club Lloyds :sweat_smile:

I got a year up front last Black Friday which coincided with (I think) 15% cashback via Amex. I only really got it for Grey’s Anatomy so I won’t be renewing it when it expires.

1 Like

It’s mostly frustrating because we are long past the point of having somewhere central to watch these for a unified price now. I often just randomly stream and with all these options now there isn’t a place to find new content without having to pay for it for at least a month.

Netflix.
Prime.
Disney+.
Paramount+.
Apple TV+.
NowTV.
Discovery+.

Plus TV licence for BBC plus live, and small extras to get rid of any adverts for Channel 4 and ITV X.

I know cable was this evil thing charging a lot for everything but… eh… I think we’ve gone too far the other way.

Maybe after all the moaning about cable we got the system we deserve but the companies are now starting to ruin it for themselves. It needs to go to a centralised system again that they can run themselves a la music streaming services. Lots of companies working together will turn more of a profit than each trying to go at it alone, surely.

7 Likes

We ditched Virgin/Sky years ago in favour of streaming but back then I think we had Prime and Netflix which cost <£20 for both. Now it’s really starting to take the mickey not only the amount of streaming services but also the price of them.

1 Like

Absolutely. Of course one company will find it hard to make a profit just doing their own thing - but if they all agreed to licence their content out in the same way the music industry has then they don’t need to be concerned about running the service and make money that way.

It’s becoming just corporate greed at this point.

Anyway Disney+ will be cancelled for me when it goes up. I’m only watching Ugly Betty on it at the moment and that’s just casual background stuff.

1 Like

That’s exactly it, hopefully it’ll blow up in their face or people are going to go back to the seven seas.

1 Like

I’m betting that quite a few of the smaller services will pack up and end up selling their shows to Netflix.

It already has. Netflix aside, they’re all making huge losses. They all looked at Netflix and thought that they’d like a piece of the pie, without appreciating how challenging the business is.

Just about all of them should have stuck to making great shows and selling them to the highest bidder.

1 Like

I didn’t used to mind paying for the top tier Netflix but now with half the stuff I want to watch spread over several services I end up paying for the cheapest option if available and it does ruin the experience for me.

2 Likes