Depositing GBP150,000 into Monzo

Am i able to deposit the proceeds of the sale from my mothers house, from my solicitors, approx GBP150,000 into my exisiting account with no issues?

Yes.

3 Likes

You can make the transfer. It may be subject to checks from Monzo although as it’s a house sale that shouldn’t cause too many issues to prove it’s origin if asked.

You are only protected by FCSC for up to six months on that balance which is worth bearing in mind

1 Like

Up to £1mil for a house sale for up to 6 months Temporary high balances | Check your money is protected | FSCS

4 Likes

Oh really? In that case I know we hate people doing this, but I’m going to delete my post. I’d rather the incorrect information wasn’t here for the OP and others who may stumble upon it.

2 Likes

Well actually come to think of it, that depends if it is their main residence. As they said it was their mothers house maybe not. So one of the two limits applies! The OP can look into it :grin:

Surely if it’s the sale of your own house.

Either way, that stands with any bank, think a lot of the question is just can I :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure, but it doesn’t hurt to give them the extra info as FCSC protection isn’t something everyone thinks about (but could be very important/ devastating if missed)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.