Declined Monzo Payments & Credit Score

Hi there, I signed up to the community ask this question.

My question: I use Monzo as a daily card for budgeting purposes, I top-up every month and use it for day to day purchasing (as well as overseas use). Occasionally my card is declined because the top-up has been exhausted. Generally I promptly add money, sometimes use the card again for the same payment successfully. Can anyone speaking from experience answer what if any affect this has on my credit score?

I realise a credit score is an often vaguely defined topic and different banks, lenders etc. use different criteria to score you. So the answer may not be straightforward. But I look forward to your input.

There is of course a lot of discussion about Monzo and Credit Score to be found here, so if anyone knows where to find this exact answer please don’t hesitate to send a link.

Thank you.

Card declines aren’t reported to CRAs, not even on credit cards so you are safe.

8 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply Rjevski.

1 Like

Also, from what you’ve described, sounds like you don’t have an overdraft with Monzo, which means they aren’t providing you with any credit facility, only debit.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.