Debit Card Top-Up fail

(Sonia ) #1

Whenever I try to top up using my S*******r debit card, I get an error message saying Sorry, your card was declined. Please try a different card. But when I re-enter details manually, everything works. Anyone have the same problem?

(James Billingham) #2

Assume you mean Santander? Which card network issued the card?

It could be a problem with the recurring instruction. Now that you’ve entered the details manually, are you able to do another top up without re-entering, or does the issue continue to persist?

Not from Mondo, but a lot of those questions should help to identify the issue :slight_smile:

(Sonia ) #3

yeah, its santander,and the problem persists, so every time I want to top up, I need to reenter the details manually :slight_smile: and my bank card is a Visa

(Tristan Thomas) #4

Hey @Sonia, that sounds very odd…could you update to the latest version and let me know if that still happens?

(Sonia ) #5

Hi Tristan, I have the latest version currently :confused:

(Sonia ) #6

Hi Tristan, could you please let me know whether anyone else’d experienced the same issue as me on this? My top up is always declined, I need to re-enter details manually- I have pretty bad memory for numbers, and wouldn’t want to carry that info written down anywhere…

I have the latest version of the app, and even tried re-installing it to fix the issue.
Thanks!

(Anthony Angel) #7

I’m, getting the same thing every time I try to top up with a Nationwide debit card

(Tristan Thomas) #8

Hey both, can you drop our in-app chat a message? :slight_smile: They should be able to check for you!

(Sonia ) #9

I did a few times, and the response I normally get is " our engineers are looking into that"

(Tristan Thomas) #10

Hey Sonia, I’ll take a look for you now then :slight_smile:

Update: I can’t see any messages from you about this in the last month—feel free to message us again with a detailed explanation of the issue and we’ll take a look!

(Sonia ) #11

Hi Tristan,

it happens virtually every time, so I don’t really message every time it happens, because it’s clearly not a one-off bug, so let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help!

(Soonki Hong) #12

Me too. My debit card is also Satander’s Top-up Debit card…

(Matías) #13

Hi @tristan!
Do you know why I can’t top up my account with my debit card? Just moved to London and still figuring out how to top up my Monzo…

(Danny) #14

You would be better off contacting customer support via the in app chat as they are 24/7 and can help you with this.

(Matías) #15

That was quick…
Thank you @Danny !