Current Account launch features

Is it known yet which features will be available from launch of the new current account?

The current account on day one could be identical to the pre-paid card, albeit with account number and sort code. However, I would hope for a minimum of Faster payments and Direct Debits.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you after the 31st when we’ve heard from the team at the January Open Office (Unless somebody wants to spoil the talk! :wink:).

Open Office: January
What is mobilisation and where does it fit in our journey to be a bank? Our deputy CEO Paul Rippon explains one of the most challenging phases of building a bank and how users can expect things to change as we begin to introduce current accounts.

Take a look at the first few paragraphs of the January Journal though and you’ll see that the team has so far built core banking functionality, finished testing with MasterCard and moved real world money with Faster Payments and Bacs. In my opinion, those sound like good launch day/launch window features for the current accounts. :thumbsup:

5 Likes

I wish I was local to attend the open office :disappointed:

I’m really excited to see a round-up of questions and answers asked from the people attending, fingers crossed for some juicy details :tada:

1 Like

I’m sure @Tom, @Paul or anybody else on the team will respond to any specific questions we put here in the community at some point! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TomW It’s unlikely for tomorrow’s talk, but the plan is to stream Open Office presentations and Q+A in future so that those who aren’t London based can enjoy the action in real-time :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

We’ll try to get some snippets on #monzostories too :+1:

4 Likes

Any update yet on what we will get when? e.g. IBAN at launch or further down the line?

Further down the line -

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.